We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Weekend Booking?

Halifax, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Easter Weekend Booking?

This is my first time travelling to Cayo Coco and we are trying to book over the Easter weekend. Friends from previous years mentioned there were longer line ups and wait times over the Easter week at the resorts due to more local people attending for the weekend. Is this something we should expect? Other friends who have been there several times did not find this a problem in years past.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

I am pretty sure that information is incorrect, Easter is considered high season in Cuba, therefore many Cubans (locals) generally dont frequent hotels during this time. You generally see more locals in the summer months.. (Low Season - Lower Costs)

Edited: 20 November 2011, 00:36
Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

I agree ...

Halifax, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

Thanks for your response, I was told that it was busier at that time and that Cayo Coco was at one time for tourists mostly. Is this true?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

Yes in the past , Thats all changed..

5. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 November 2011, 13:05
Halifax, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

Looking forward to the trip.... thanks for the info

Halifax, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

I wasn't concerned about the line ups for the liquor as you ASSumed. I will be in church tomorrow with my children... maybe you should too for your name calling.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

Bakk19 - YOU listen here! Don't waste your time making rude and useless posts to people. It was a very short time ago that you needed information from other posters on here, and no one called you a moron when you asked about renting a donkey of all things. Good grief.

HayShaker, Easter is generally just a busy time since many Canadians book around then due to the extended weekend from work and school. A lot of hotels may be near capacity then, so a little busier than usual.

Have a great time :)

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

oops. maybe islanders 95 can help me out of this jam.

Halifax, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Easter Weekend Booking?

As catholics, we were taught to forgive, I don't know about Islanders 95?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco