We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Hi,

My husband and I will be travelling to Memories Flamenco over the holidays with our 11 month old. I'm looking for some tips from people who have gone there with young kids. Do you know if the resort provides a playpen? At what cost? Did you need a carseat for the transport to and from the airport? Any recos food-wise--i.e. should we steer clear of fresh fruit or was it relatively safe? Any tips would be most appreciated!

thx

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

I sent you a private message.

LENNY

Kitchener
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

I would be curious to hear peoples thoughts as well. We are going next week with our 13 month old. We went to cayo coco last year when he was 5 months old and had no issues, a crib was provided. Of course last year he was still breastfeeding so food wasnt an issue. We did not take a car seat last year and do not plan to this year since we will be on a bus for 15 min and there will not be a way to tether it anyway.

Calgary
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

The carseat is your choice alone, no one will make you use it.

We always brought a Samsonite pop up crib - best thing ever.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Oh I didnt mention we did bring our peapod (pop up tent bed) last year, debating it this year

Calgary
Level Contributor
884 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Peapod is perfect as a backup in case the resort doesn't have a crib, or other guests have spoken for them all.

I've never gone there with young kids, but most good judgement applies: watch their hydration closely, bring an upgraded first aid kit, make sure you know what your evac or medivac coverages give you, bring your own sunscreen, and water toys etc.

have fun!

Kitchener
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

I'm back now so if you have any questions feel free. There were lots of highchairs available in every restaurant and a crib in our room. We were able to get extra bottle of water in our room for mixing formula and topping up his sippy cup etc. Hope you have a great trip, our little man loved the resort and the beach/pool.

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

We actually ended up changing our booking to the Tryp, due to a recommendation from a friend.

That said, thanks to your notes we will not bring the car seat, but we will bring the pack 'n play (just in case the hotel handed them all out).

We're also bringing some purée pouches just in case.

Can't wait for our trip! :)

Montreal, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip. Did you spend more time at the beach or by the pool? Do you think it's worth bringing a beach tent?

I'm no longer going to the same resort, but we're still going to be in CayoCoco (Tryp) so I guess the same general info applies.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Kitchener
Level Contributor
122 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

We also brought jars of food just in case but didnt need it. At the end of the trip I gave them and the leftover diapers to some waitresses with babies.

We did enjoy the trip, other than the little man got tonsilitus. The clinic was incredible so no worries. We kind of alternated pool/beach...often beach in the morning and pool in afternoon...with naps in between lol. We didn't use a beach tent (but had our peapod with us). I don't know how many palapalas are on the Tryp beach but we easily found shade, and my husband would bring the stroller down as well to keep him shade (but honestly it was more for storage since he just wanted to play in the sand).

Feel free to pm me if you have questions. I would say the pack and play is a lot of extra to tote, I doubt there will be an issue with crib especially if you email the resort prior.

10. Re: Memories Flamenco with 11 month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco