We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Four of us are looking to book here in Jan. and we were wondering if the Diamond Club is worth it or not.

Looking at late flight in and out( around 10pm), and was thinking of the later check out time.

Any other plus or neg

Thanks Tom

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
569 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

We upgraded to the Diamond Club but I guess to each his own. You probably are aware of all the services but just in case you're not:

Service:

Exclusive access to Diamond Club A la Carte “Elegance Section” at the Florencia Steak House

Personalized Check-in/ Check-out

Distinctive Wrist Bracelet

Early Check-in (subject to availability)

Late Check-out (subject to availabilty)

Exclusive Beach Area

Butler Service on Beach

Concierge Service

Private Access to Diamond VIP Lounge

Rooms & Suites

Luxury Amenities

Beach Towels in Room

Luxury Turndown Service

Bathrobes in Room

Food & Beverage:

Special Daily Food & Beverage Amenities (available in lounge)

Selected Premium Drinks Menu (available at Lobby Bar/some restrictions apply)

Guaranteed 4 A la Carte reservations

Exclusive area in main buffet

Spa:

10% Discount on Spa Treatments

Edited: 05 December 2012, 12:44
Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

We received a really good deal, but if you are paying more than 50$ above the normal prices I would not do it. There were about a dozen of us.

Exclusive access to Diamond Club A la Carte “Elegance Section” at the Florencia Steak House - not worth it, food was not good at all.

Personalized Check-in/ Check-out - ok during peak times, but the whole diamond room presentation was not useful to us at all. The room is totally lacking character, and we would have rather just gone straight to our rooms. No one was available to show us where our rooms were. No big deal, they are not hard to find.

Distinctive Wrist Bracelet - we aren't big on the whole distinction thing, but it never got us premium alcohol unless we tipped at the lobby bar. we saw many people use the diamond club beach area regardless.

Early Check-in (subject to availability) n/a as we arrived at night, but our room was till not available when we arrived at 9:30 pm.

Late Check-out (subject to availability) - this was really the only reason we were interested in the upgrade as we had a later flight. we were locked out of our room (card stopped working) at 2 pm and needed to be re activated at the reception. imagine many people with the upgrade trying to get this resolved at the same time.

Exclusive Beach Area - n/a. everyone used it.

Butler Service on Beach - there is a waiter that appeared every so often, but it was quicker to just go to the bar yourself.

Concierge Service - we never used it, or it wasn't available.

Private Access to Diamond VIP Lounge - the lounge is not a big deal and did not appeal to any of us.

Rooms & Suites - we had an upgrade to an ocean view 2 room/2 bathroom suite, but we didn't expect it. it was a nice surprise.

Luxury Amenities - we got bathrobes, which came in handy when they ran out of or did not provide clean towels when we needed them. they restocked our bar 4x out of the whole week.

Beach Towels in Room - there were none, we accessed them from reception (a card) which were available at the kiosk at the pool. they were only available every couple of days.

Luxury Turndown Service - our room was cleaned randomly throughout the week.

Bathrobes in Room - some of us got them, some of us didn't.

Food & Beverage:

Special Daily Food & Beverage Amenities (available in lounge) - never any food expect the same fruit available in the buffet

Selected Premium Drinks Menu (available at Lobby Bar/some restrictions apply) - lots of restrictions apply. bar is always busy. tip well and you might have a chance. they ran out of vodka and cc on occasion.

Guaranteed 4 A la Carte reservations - we had the diamond club meal (pass on that) and 3 a la cartes. they were ok.

Exclusive area in main buffet - we were not aware of this. coffee/tea/orange juice/water is randomly given but not really available all the time. the buffet is seriously understaffed.

Spa:

10% Discount on Spa Treatment - book right away or they may not be available.

Markham, Ontario...
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Wow! I was wondering about upgrading also...I think I'll pass. Thank you for all the info. Was the resort on the whole a good experience??

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

To be honest, I would look at staying elsewhere until they resolve staffing issues (highly understaffed) amongst many other problems. We heard a lot of good things about other local resorts.

Welland
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

We wre here in November and did not upgrade. We had no issues whatsoever except that the service is a little slow. They try very hard but do not have the proper training. The food was good and we had a fantastic dinner at the Steakhouse which is actually a seafood restaurant. The Asian was the best and the service there amazing. We call them the crazy girls. We liked them so much, we went back twice. Also they had a hard time keeping up with towels, but they were always delivered to the room that evening. Just a few issues they need to work out. I would not pay for the upgrade at this time.

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

We just got back and it was by far, the worst vacation we've ever been on. I would not recommend this resort to anyone! You will have to fight for everything....your water in you room, consistent maid service, bath towels, pool towels, plates in the buffet, service in the buffet, hot food, and there is NO butler service, beach waiter, turn down service, hot tubs, tennis courts, and gyms. We complained to management, but they didnt care.

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

We just returned from the Memories Flamingo,we also where the diamond club.The hotel itself is beautiful,as are the al a carte restaurants.There are way too many issues at this hotel.They had 4 girls working a full restaurant (buffet) these women were expected to buss,serve,clear tables.there is no possible way for them to possibly serve everyone,the girls are exhausted and defeated.At the snackbar they have two waitress and a bartender,they are supposes to also buss,clear and take orders.So they are over whelmed and just ignore you.

The food at this resort is cold,bland and not very appetizing,there is very little fruit,or fresh vegetables.They served turkey one night ,that when carved it was raw and bleeding.People were freaking out.

For the diamond club we did not recieve robes or any special services.we had to repeatedly as for towels,We were not getting any water in our room and when I went to the front desk to say that we had 3 full paying guest in our room and we needed water,the manager told me that this was not true and we received water.I asked him to come to see himself that we didn't have water ,he waved me off.I returned to my room and two minutes later I had 2 maids and her boss at my door ,they had not stolen our water??They were terrified and had been accused of this?I was horrified that this happened.

We ran into a lot of people who where trying to get back the money they for the diamond club as it didn't excist.

DO NOT pay for this,it is only a money grab.

This resort is 90 percent French Canadians,they are rude,disrectful people,they through their cigarette butts everywhere,in the ocean,the pool,along the walkways.Disgusting! They will go to get a drink at the bar and not move as they yell at their friends,smoke ,eat and entertain,Excuse me there are 15 people waiting! I will thoroughly check before my next holiday as I can honestly

Say.Iam embarrassed they live in the same country as I do.

I will never return here as I think you can only flaunt a 5 star resort before people stop coming.I will make my next trip to areas in Cuba where they truly know what hospitality is,and how it has made their hotels valued by the paying public.

Marilyn Leszczynski

Ontario
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Do not waste your money!

Food was just horrendous,

No service from waiters,bar tenders etc etc

Sand fleas will leave you looking like you have measels.

Hotel rating should be a 3 star

Marilyn

Halifax, Canada
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Oh oh...hope they have the bugs worked out before January 21st or there's going to be 4 very unhappy campers there. Do they sell cans of whoop-a$$ there ?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Memories Flemenco, Diamond Club

Leafswin, we're hoping the same thing, we arrive on the 22nd.