We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ib Mojito - overbooking?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Ib Mojito - overbooking?

One of the reviews for Ib mojito mentioned about the resort being overbooked? Has anyone been affected by that?

-from review on March 28th-

"The hotel was and still is overbooked so don't be shocked if you get bumped to the Tryp. This happened to a number of guests some of which were very unhappy and others that were pleased with the move. I believe they may be overbooked until May."

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

i just read that as well...we are booked for April 11 -18 and am hoping this is not happening then!!

Brantford
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

I agree, we are booked April 16 - 23 .

If I wanted to stay at the Tryp or anywhere else for that matter, I would have booked there.

Hope this does not happen to anyone of us booked at the Mojito.

Anyone else this happened to ?

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
294 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

Yeah, it doesn't sound good to me either. We are going there in 2 weeks. As one of you said, if I wanted to stay at Tryp or Sol... we would have to book there already...

Man, it is not good!

Brantford
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

Yeah, I think if they are sending people to another hotel , it should be the Melia !!!!

Emsdale, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

I was called last night at 6:30 pm and yes I was bumped. I am now staying at the Memories Flamenco. They gave me the choice of cancelling for a full refund, looking to find something myself or taking what they offered. I took the Memories F. and was also told I would receive a $200 refund ($100 per adult booked).

Not a happy guy but what can you do. Memories looks good and I just want a holiday! If anyone reading this has stayed at Memories Flamenco and has any positive advice/comments, please let me know. I do not want to hear anything negative at this point as I fly Monday morning and I am committed now.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

emsdale, do you mind saying what tour operator/airline you had booked the Ib Mojito with?

I'm sorry to hear that this will be affecting you. This sure does not sound good.

Emsdale, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

I booked back in February through Sell Off Vacations and the package was with Sunwing. It was Sell Off who called. And they do not give you any notice. I thought calling Thurs night with a flight on Monday was leaving it a bit late.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

OMG this is freaking me out. I'm travelling with 2 young kids so it's more than just a bit of pain to get bumped and to only be notified of this, just a few days prior to your trip.

Brantford
Level Contributor
581 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

I booked thru the Sunwing site directly, I think I will call customer service to find out more info...

If I find out any more I will post.

Anyone else get bumped ? If so, which tour operater/site did you book with please

Emsdale, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ib Mojito - overbooking?

When I spoke with the guy from Sell Off last night he said he had quite a list, so I was not the only one. I was very angry but did not blame the poor guy who called me. He said it was a terrible job. I don't know if it makes a difference, but in future I may book directly with the Tour operator. That said, he told me, the guy from Sell Off, that the blame sits squarely with the hotel (Iberostar Mojito) who over sold the rooms.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco