We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Waterloo ON
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Fire away. I'm happy to answer anyone's questions about the resort. I just returned this morning.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Did you have a pleasant vacation?

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

It felt pretty good the day we visited, last week.

Seemed like their were more clients around. Can you estimate the occupancy rate?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
345 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Just got back. There were about 700 clients when I left.

Waterloo ON
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

We thought it was pretty empty, actually, which was a good thing for us. There were usually chairs available at the pools, and only minimal lineups for food.

Yes, we had a nice vacation. The Colonial has a lot of charms, but needs some work in some places. The staff were always fantastic.

Beeton
Level Contributor
193 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

DMBfanwaterloo: We were there Apr 4th to the 11th. We had 2 days of no water and 3 days with no hot water. Did you experience any water disruptions. I enjoyed the resort very much. I can over look a lot issues we had and would return, However the no water issue is a huge deal breaker for me i would not return unless it was guaranteed that their so called water issue was fixed. The pool bar almost always ran out of ice or didn't have any. Need ice for drinks otherwise they were warm (yuck)

Waterloo ON
Level Contributor
55 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Tncuba1: yes, no water overnight until around 11 the next morning on the 20th. It sounds like this must be a common occurrence at the Colonial.

I don't think I would return there unless it got a serious overhaul. However, it seems to me it could be real nice again someday.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Just got back yesterday.......any questions, ask away.

ontario
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

We are going back in a couple of weeks. Have never been in May did you have good weather? Do they have the new fountain finished in the lobby? Did you hear anything about the hotel being sold while you were there?

toronto
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Only have answers to 2 of your questions.

Weather was hot hot hot, rained several times during the night.

Fountain looks great, its just about finished, met the artist, it looked like a lot of work, they were working some days up to 9PM, he is the same person that did the painting in the Placita Bar and nakpin holders at all the bars.

I also like the 2 art painting outside the washrooms in the looby area, they started and finished it by the time I left.

The lunch at the beach grill is back: yellow rice, baked potato, bbq (chicken or fish), one day he had pork ribs. Some days he works alone, somedays he has a waiter working with him.

Enjoy your stay...

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just retuned from the Colonial. Any questions I can answer?

Did you get pictures of the new pictures outside the men/ladies washroom? They were still sketching the male figure when we left. I wanted to see how they turned out. Also the fountain was quickly coming along. The long hours and tedious work will be beautiful when complete. Can't wait to see that too.

We had a awesome time while we were there. Definately will return to Hotel Colonial.