We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lobster at playa prohibita

Ontario
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
lobster at playa prohibita

Just wondering if there is a way to contact the guys at Lenny's Lobster Shack, we are a group of 4 women going down the week of May 11, I have one friend who does not eat seafood, I read that we can call ahead to get them to have chicken or pork available. I really want it to be a great experince for us all. I also read something about bringing down guitar string, is there a certain kind that they may like ? I'm not familiar

We are staying at the Iberostar mojito, any idea how much a taxi would be ?

Thanks kindly , 8 more sleeps to go!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

I will send you a " pm " later with a number to call the shack and arrange what you need.

Any strings will work as they use both nylon and steel.

Taxi will likely be $10 CUC or less , don't miss going to the Cigar Lounge to visit with Freddy !

Lenny

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

We had a really fantastic meal there on Sunday, best fish and lobster we have ever had, Alex and boys are so friendly. Taxi cast 20 cucs from Sol cayo Coco ( return ) but Memories is closer. It was a shame that the guitarist was not there , so perhaps Sunday is not the best day to go.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Sunday is usually a slow day so the musicians take it as their day off.

Lenny

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

We enjoyed it anyway and would recommend it to anyone.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Can I get that contact info as well? I would love to try this place but I also do not eat seafood. We were planning on going anyway, just for the experience, but it would be nice to have the chicken option!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

My hubby and I cant wait to visit here to have lobster..we have never tried it before we love fish even our 10 yr old daughter loves fish and cant wait only 60 more sleeps

maidstone
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Is the lobster seasonal?

We are going to Sol Cayo Coco in under two weeks :) Feeling excited x Looking forward to a trip to the lobster shack on Playa Prohibita.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Very cheap. We had 4 beers, 2 soft drinks, lobster, red snapper, prawns, rice and salad for around 70 cuc's ( 4 of us went from Sol Cayo Coco ). We were more than happy to give them 80. Norma our rep arranged the taxi with a reliable man who dropped us off and asked what time we wanted picking up. It was 15 cuc return but gave him 20. They only have beer and soft drinks but we did see some locals taking their own wine. Going back in October and will take a British car number plate with us, you will see why when you go.

Enjoy all of your holiday.

maidstone
Level Contributor
212 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Sounds perfect. Thanks for the info. Please tell me more re number plate !!! I am intrigued x

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lobster at playa prohibita

Don't know how it started, Lenny can tell us, but there are loads of number plates up around the restaurant, but 95% of them are Canadian !!! There is also a plaque that says Lenny's Bar, which is what many people know this place as.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco