We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing

Any bad experiences flying to Cuba with Sunwing?

ontario
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing

I had a few, but because the flight was so short, and the price is always the cheapest with Sunwing, I still book with them.....one of the problems was, I was in line to go to the bathroom and I was told with a few others to go back to our seats, as the tank was full and we had to wait till we got back to Toronto.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
800 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing

Personally I haven't had an issue with Sunwing, there has been a few people that have had issues and say their customer service is horrible.

Just like resort reviews though, you hear more out of the upset people than the ones that had a good experience.

montreal
Level Contributor
10,893 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing

Just above you just ask the same question on the search box and you will get lots of posts from good ones to bad ones ...

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,550 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing

I've never had an issue with Sunwing, but have a friend who did. As stated, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. But they travel where I want to go, and the price is usually right. I'll take my chances. :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing

thanks for the replies....we've booked so fingers crossed...my first trip out of country since 1978 (sad, I know) but now retired and hope to do lots of travelling :)

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
800 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing

Also I believe many People who have issues with many tour companies are also People who don't do their research on the resort and other aspects of the trip.

They start with some unrealistic expectation, and then blast the Tour operator when they all they could have done is read some reviews to maybe find out the Solymar is not the best place for a middle aged couple to relax during Spring break for example.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing

My only issue with Sunwing is that they don't offer any type of decent upgrade in service like Transat's Club Class (the best) or Canjet's Canjet Select (good but not the greatest). Sunwing has Elite Plus which is bit of a letdown in comparison the the former airlines mentioned.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
800 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing

Yeah Elite plus is only good if you are tall, I have broad shoulders and get bumped around by the drink cart. The only real pro to it is the extra luggage, and that's not worth 80 bucks per person.

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
350 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing

We flew with Sunwing for the first time in April and didn't have any issues. I found the flight attendants way friendlier than the Air Transat ones were the year before. We did book the Elite Plus for the extra baggage, leg room and it's totally worth it to avoid the crazy long check in line at the airport. We are already booked for April 2014 and booked with Sunwing again as their price was at least $300 per person cheaper than the other tour operators. As other posters said anyone can have a good or bad experience with any airline.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing

I have noticed that on return flights, flight attendants look a bit more tired than on the flight to the island. The accumulated hours working must get to them. It's quite a long day when you think about it. Hundreds of demanding customers, some inebriated, some nervous about flying, some impossible to please, some needy.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco