We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condiments and coffee!?

Tillsonburg, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Condiments and coffee!?

Hi all....a bit of a silly question....hope some one can respond.

We are leaving the 7th of November for Memories Flamenco and have heard there is a real lack of condiments i.e. Salt, pepper. Ketchup, etc. can anyone confirm this?

Also have heard there is very little coffee served and the in room coffee supply is lacking....do we need to bring our mini Keurig? ;)

MONTREAL QUEBEC...
Level Contributor
587 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Condiments and coffee!?

I always bring my own pepper in the self grinder.......usually they will leave a pack of coffee in your room. we bring our own little packs of ketchup... though their ketchup is not like ours but not too bad but bring the packs for the grandson......they would definitely have salt...though with the humidity it sometimes is hard to come out of shaker.....we will be there on the 5th.......I bring relish packs as well.......

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condiments and coffee!?

i never think that there version of ketchup is so bad that i need to bring my condiments on vacation lol As for the coffee yes the coffee in the room is never good but thats just an excuse to head to the loby and get some cafe con leche which is one of my favorite parts of the morning. I like to grab a coffee and enjoy the sunrise or head by the ocean and enjoy the view

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Condiments and coffee!?

Exactamente!

I know the feeling, ryedrinker!

Coffee, beach, sunrise.... ahhhh!

Kingston On
Level Contributor
270 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condiments and coffee!?

Condiments are Cuban style. No problem with salt and pepper just sometimes in the wrong shaker. Check before using.

We were surprised to find hot sauce available, and the mustard is fine. However, ketchup is a sweeter version than we use here, being a chef myself I use very little ketchup and always question the need to bring it anywhere.

Coffee... we never did receive a replacement package in our room but having read about that on previous posts we brought along some ground coffee. The coffee maker in the room has a metal filter but if the coffee ground is too fine it will come through into your drink.

Cappuccino is available 24 hours at the lobby bar and at times at the snack bar. Our waiting staff would actually make it for us at breakfast in the buffet. Like all resorts if you treat the staff right they will treat you right. And I don`t mean you have to tip all time.

One note, I like Amaretto in my coffee but there was zero supply for the whole week we were there. Oh well that``s Cuba. Love it or leave it. We love it.

5. Re: Condiments and coffee!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco