We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

I am seeking information about Sitio La Guira Restaurant in Cayo Coco eg. distance from Iberostar Daiquiri in Cayo Guillermo, quality of food, cost, accessible by hop on/off bus. Thanks for your help.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

http://www.cayocococuba.net/restaurants.html

Cheers,

Terry

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Wow...that was fast! This is very helpful. Thank you so much.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Wow...that was fast! This is very helpful. Thank you so much.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Master,

It is quite a distance from Guillermo. The hop on hop off bus takes longer now than in the past. Too many stops at other hotels. The bright spot is that it is Cheap to ride and you can peak in the other hotels on the way to where ever you are goin that day.. You would have to make arrangements with the driver and Ticket girl for a drop off at Sitio la Guira. It is not very close to a resort.

We rented a car and made a stop there on the way to the mainland a few years back. Took a guided tour of the grounds . Cigar shop, Cock fighting arena, hurricane hut, and a mock Cuban farm. Good for a couple pesos. We ate Pizza at the restaurant , which was pretty good.

Another cool little place is "La Silla" A little bar and grill right on the edge on the cause way coming or leaving the Cayos . Great fish and chips!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

deebob, dumb question perhaps, but I assume the cock fighting arena is a "historical" exhibit and not a functioning present day facility?...

Cheers,

Terry

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Correct,

But it sure looked like something had gone on there in the not too long before we were there.

Can't imagine they would let the roosters go at it for tourists who make up 90% of the occupants of the 2 keys.

Maybe they let the pigs run around in there, who knows!

I figure you got to get back into the woods to see the real stuff!

Salud!

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Thank you deebob. A quick anecdote on cock fighting...on one trip I left dental floss (unused of course) for a hotel worker and he said it would be great for cock fighting...obviously not at all what I intended. Not sure how it would be used but sounded cruel to me. Needless to say CUCs only for tipping...no gifts unless it is a good friend. Thanks again for your time.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

Sitio has much diminished since last Bob was there. It is still worth a stop but unless they have spruced it up again it was pretty barren last year. I always stop in for a quick drink when driving by.

Lenny

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

It's good that you support there establishment, lenny.

We'll have to stop in and check it out when we are back there in march.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sitio La Guira Restaurant - Cayo Coco

They use dental floss to tie small razor blades to the legs where they have removed an inside spur , or clawed toe.

Sounds exciting, EH?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco