We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo coco to Trinidad

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo coco to Trinidad

Wondering if there are any excursions from the Melia CC or the best way to see Trinidad on a day trip.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,703 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

Cayo Coco to Trinidad is a 500+ km round trip. I know it has been offered in the past but since you can't fly a day trip by ground transport seems insane to me...

Cheers,

Terry

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

Opps- maybe should have said an overnighter-anyone have a good casa they can recommend?

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,758 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

They have offered trips form the resorts of Cayo Coco/Guillermo to Trinidad.

No problems booking through your hotel Rep.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

Thanks. Might be better to go from Havana or just skip it this time and book a full week there another time.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

There have been one day tours to Trinidad from Cayo Coco that operate only on Wednesdays. Tour rep would have details. To Terry's point a return trip is alot of driving in one day. An excellent casa just a few km from Trinidad in Casilda is Casa Novoa..

http://www.bbinnvinales.com/bedandbreakfastrentweb/?319,casa-novoa-(casilda)-5--

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

I appreciate the responses and the link to the casa. Don't think we can do the day tour anyway as we arrive late Tuesday.

Can we hire a driver for the day to just take us around the area if we don't go to Trinidad.

By the way, is Trinidad worth spending a weeks vacation?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

Hi Santana,

In June I travelled from Havana to Cienfuegos to Trinidad and back to Havana for the flight home using a combination of the Viazul bus and taxis. I spent 10 days in the Trinidad/Casilda/Ancon Peninsula area and in hindsight would have booked less time in Trinidad and more time in Cienfuegos...just my personal preference as I really liked Punta Gorda and the city of Cienfuegos. The length of time in Trinidad depends on what you want to do. If it is to experience the history of the city itself 2 or 3 days may suffice. If you want to do some hiking in the Escambray Mountains including Topes de Collantes and spend time on the beach on the Ancon Peninsula you could easily fill 7 days with both activities and relaxation.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

Thanks so much for the added details. I think we'll plan for an extended trip another time. We are at MCC for a week.

9. Re: Cayo coco to Trinidad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco