We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overbooking at MCC

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Overbooking at MCC

Really surprised from the last review to see that at as many as 10 couples from the UK were overbooked at the MCC and were moved to the Sol.

Who is responsible? Thomas Cook or MCC? Can understand a one or two room oversight, but 10 couples/10 rooms? What's going on?

Cheers ❤️

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Overbooking at MCC

Uggggh. I don't like this thread. We booked in October with Sunwing for April 15th.

I certainly wouldn't accept the Sol with $200 back. They are not comparable hotels.

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Overbooking at MCC

I know CubaJunkie....its scary for us too since now we know it can happen. We took 2 days to think about it in the spring when it happened but we knew we wouldn't be happy at Sol and we definitely weren't happy with the compensation offered. Luckly we did get a full refund (that wouldn't have went over well if we didn't) and we were able to get Paradisus Princesa Del Mar in Varadero for a really good deal since we booked 2 days before we left.

Its really crappy when you have your heart set on a certain place, book really early have all arrangements made and then have your dreams crushed!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Overbooking at MCC

Well, Paradisus Princesa del Mar I would accept :)

We honeymooned there and generally it's more expensive than MCC, so you guys were definitely lucky.

We visited the Sol last fall when we were staying at the Tryp.. it was fine, and I'd probably go on a budget hurricane season vacation, but not on our spring trip which is always the "big one".

Guess I'll just have to trust that all will work out as planned.. Overbooking IS the exception, not the rule so we'll hope for the best and deal with whatever at the time if it happens.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Overbooking at MCC

Ay- Ay- Ay-here we go again, CJ!

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Overbooking at MCC

Lol! Noooooo! I'm NOT worrying about this.

Nope! I refuse!

:)

But just in case there is a problem... What are the chances that you'll stay in your room untill I get there so you can give it to me?? :)

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,225 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Overbooking at MCC

I can sure try ;)!!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Overbooking at MCC

I know how you feel but positive thinking at you will be ok

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Overbooking at MCC

For those who remember- this trip was pretty difficult to book with the whole book and pay early special with Sunwing/agent confusion.. cancelling and rebooking... I'm hoping thats the most dramatic part of this story!

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Overbooking at MCC

I will be livid if they move us. There are four of us going from the UK and 2 more joining us from Canada on the 2nd week.

Like CubaJunkie I am trying not to worry!

How was your trip in October Alewis without the pool Alewis?

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,339 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Overbooking at MCC

I think that these are things that happen everywhere now and again.

Seems that there were alot of issues in Nov with overbooking at MCC and airconditioning problems at both MCC and MCG.

No point in stressing about a trip thats months away (for me anyway) over something that will likely not happen.

When are you travelling mamagizmodude?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco