We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I've never been to Cayo Coco

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
I've never been to Cayo Coco

Looking at Iberostar Mojito or Daiquiri for my family (me 34, husband 37 son 15)

I'm worried if there is enough to keep us entertained. I've heard it can be rather boring in Cayo Coco, and specifically these hotels, not much to do, especially at night.

Any thoughts/advice?

We've been to Cuba (varadero and Holguin many times)

Thank you

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

Haven't been to either hotel you mentioned but have been to CC, Holguin and Varadero all numerous times.

IMO- CC is no more boring than Holguin. Same type of stay-on-the-resort destination.

Livliness of the hotel will just really depend on the time of year and the crowd. I know a few people my age (30) that have been to Daiquiri several times and enjoyed it.

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

Thank you.. I did got off resort in Holguin, which I don't think I would do it again. I found it too overwhelming but I love Varadero and have no issues there. For CC I'd love to do some excursions, do they offer them there that you know of? I didn't know if the smaller islands still offer the same things or not as V or H

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

Oh sure, there are lots of excursions. Here's a link:

http://www.cayocococuba.net/excursions.html

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

By stay-on-resort destination I only meant that there is no nearby town to visit like Varadero. The closest one (Moron) is an hour away.

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

oh okay, great. And I'll check that link now. Thank you very much!

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,999 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

I am intrigued - do you mind me asking in what way you found it overwhelming in Holguin ?

Cobourg Ontario
Level Contributor
324 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

We went downtown, i found the people so pushy and overwhelming. At one point I was clinging to my son on one side and my husband on the other. one man kept pretending he wanted to fight my husband because he's a very tall built man, at first it was kinda funny, but then he wouldn't stop and it felt like it was getting out of hand, another man followed us, over and over again, staring and following, making us very nervous. An elderly woman shoved money into my sons pocket...still no clue why, and all while this was going on, another man went completely mental and was taken down and arrested .... it was just all so much at once. I wanted out of there so badly. I never once felt that way in Varadero. One year I took just my son there, he was 12 at the time and we vacationed there in V, and even took a cab to the markets, always felt completely safe.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

I went to mojito in July , bad bugs, mostly moskitos even at the beach, the hotel entertainment was just ok. Plus the beach was not so great due to many locals are there as well. Too crowded especially on the weekend. The locals are at the beach mixed with the guests. I have never seen so many security in my life at this hotel. Every building have at least 2 security staff.

The memories flemenco is better, nicer hotel and the disco was more lively with great music. the hotel is newer is better entertaining for guests at different age.hope your son is not bored.

9. Re: I've never been to Cayo Coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco