We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Campbellton, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Reading reviews, some travelers are complaining about noise issues with the construction of a new hotel next to the Melia Cayo Coco. Does anyone have feedback on the situation.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,870 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Yes , there is a new resort being built beside MCC so there will be const noise . There are also lots of const workers at the lobster shack !

LENNY

nova scotia
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Two reviewers mentioned this recently. The resort has been under construction since early 2013. The dozens and dozens of other reviews during this period barely give it a mention. Go and enjoy this wonderful resort.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,870 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Honestly can't see it being a problem , HOWEVER I suppose SOME would . lol

LENNY

PEI
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

It's hard to build something without making noise !!!!

Think about it !!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

No denying it is there. Five large cranes in situ too and often lit up at night. However, I can't say the noise bothered us too much over Christmas. The cranes were in our lagoon room view, but didn't stop us sitting on our balcony, and as soon as you're enjoying all the delights in the main body of the hotel, the construction is out of sight and out of mind.

As we left, an excellent new boardwalk was being erected through the undergrowth directly from the pool to the Beach on the Sol side where a lot more sunbeds and palapas have also been provided. This is where we sat (sometimes virtually alone if it was windy!) and never gave the construction another thought. At the opposite end of the beach nearest to it, you are aware of the cranes towering above, but again, noise was minimal - reversing lorry alarms being about the worst of it for us.

Of course, can't say I didn't wish it wasn't there, but wouldn't stop me going again.

Have a great time.

Cheers ❤️

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

This is an interesting topic with many different views! It sounds like its really not an issue but I'm curious which rooms are closest to it (and subject to the noise) and which are furtherest from it. We go in March and are staying in a standard room.

Thanks!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,771 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

I'd probably say the blocks nearest the pool bar are furthest from it when you look at the hotel map, and you'll certainly have no view of it from say, block 89 and along that side facing towards the sea (though no sea view to speak of, remember). However the footprint of the MCC is relatively small, so nowhere especially affected I don't think, or, likewise, immune. Glad that we didn't have the lagoon rooms at the far end of the lagoon though - might be more issues there.

Cheers ❤️

Campbellton, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Thanks guys, the noise doesn't seem to be that much of an issue after all. We are possibly going at the end of March.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Recently got back from Vegas. We received a real great deal on our lodging. Probably because of construction of a new car park next door. Is this the case at the Melia?

Lenny, how is the influx of more customers( Const. Workers)affecting things at the Lobster Shack? Positive or Negative?

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Noise issues Melia Cayo Coco

Thanks, Wirralite. Very much appreciated.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco