We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite Drink!

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite Drink!

Time for a change from the normal which room, how is the weather, what is the email address, roll call, etc etc kind of questions...not that they are not important but so is this! LOL

What is your favorite drink in Cuba? :)

Mine would be Cristal for beer and then strawberry daiquiri's and rum punch. However I will try just about anything and I only drink rum in Cuba...can't stand it at home. Lol

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,770 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite Drink!

Mine has to be a Mojito.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite Drink!

Rum Punch, Havana Special, Mojito, and a Cold Cristal

Cheers

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite Drink!

hi. I love this topic a cold Christal beer and dark Havana rum and coke . my sweetie likes banana mamas and pina coladas.cheers to all

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite Drink!

I didn't really care for Mojitos but I'm wondering if it was just the way they were made. Maybe I'll have to try one at MCC. Getting really anxious to have a cold Cristal...been a long year and Canadian beer just isn't the same for me! Lol

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
750 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite Drink!

This may be almost sacrilegious to some purists, but try a mojito made with sprite (7up, equivalent) instead. My husband hates tonic and soda water, tried it that way and loved it. Might be worth a try? I love mojitos plain and simple the way they are, also love Spanish coffee in the morning mmmm, and rum punch made with dark rum, delicious!!

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
313 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite Drink!

With bellagio - definately a mojito, but I also love Pepe's rum coconuts!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite Drink!

NovaScotia, they vary widely by how and who makes them. Resort mojitos are usually terrible because they are trying to make them as quickly as possible and tend not to use enough lime for my liking. Therefore, you'll be tasting excessive tonic water and sugar. If so, just ask for another shot of lime juice to even it out. I've only had one resort bartender make them perfectly and stuck close to him all week. They are made much better off resorts in my experience. Had one in Havana years back and I'm still thinking about how good it was.

I'm with bellagio on mojitos being my favourite drink. Whiskey sours are good too. Cold Cristal certainly has it's place too.

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite Drink!

Thanks for the suggestions tanwhite and islander! I will definitely give it a try!

Edited: 27 February 2014, 13:20
Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite Drink!

My hubby can't wait to try Pepe's coconut drinks. I'm not a fan of them but may have to try his. Lol

Yarmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
2,887 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite Drink!

1/2 Cristal mixed with 1/2 lemonade slushie. Every day. All day.

S

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco