We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strawberry Daiquiris

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Strawberry Daiquiris

Does anyone know if the sol cayo coco do strawberry daiquiris or any other flavour for that matter ....i dont like Mojitos but i might have to try a one with sprite or 7up in just to make sure

If they dont is there a hotel i can get one ?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

I'm curious... has anyone ever seen a fresh strawberry on a Cuban resort?

Cheers,

Terry

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

never seen any flavors daiquiri for that matter ..

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,626 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

I've seen bars offering different flavoured daiquiris, the flavouring has always been some kind of gross syrup concoction.

The OP just got me thinking about strawberries in general though and I don't ever remember seeing a fresh one in Cuba. I was curious if they ever showed up on a resort.

Cheers,

Terry

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

Cheers Terry: the strawberry season in FL is quite short, March to May. They do grow a lot of strawberries in CA and Mexico but they do not keep and must be transported quickly by air or truck. They would never survive the boat trip to Cuba. I don't think strawberries can be grown in Cuba because they need to cool winter nights every year. So Cuba will forever be destined to only get frozen strawberries I suspect.

Ontario Canada
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

I've seen a handful - that would be 5 or less. More for show than eating. I think it was at the old Barcelo CSM. They had great food there, at least for Cuba.

I'm pretty sure the slushie mixes are either powder or syrup. From my knowledge of the stuff, it's almost always 100% chemical ingredients. The stuff with real fruit inside and only party chemicals is much more expensive and I can't imagine Cuban resorts paying for it.

If you want to taste something really gross, put some slushie mix in their plastic glass without alcohol, let it warm to outside temps, then take a sip. I tried that with something the bartender called a 'superman' and just about lost it. The foam looked like toxic waste.

To everything there is a reason .... now I sip straight rum.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

Oh well ...i will have to try some different cocktails then instead ....That surprises me that they dont do them though.....Any You can recommend

7. Re: Strawberry Daiquiris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2015, 05:18