We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about declaration form

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Question about declaration form

Do we have to list any gifts we bring for the staff at the resort like toothpaste and shampoos?

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
660 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about declaration form

No, just the total value of the gifts

There's no room to list anything on those forms.

brewsr

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
21,443 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about declaration form

Unless you are bringing 100 tubes of toothpaste, 1000s bottle of shampoos say all in your case is for your and your families use.

Better still leave all the stuff at home and tip in cuc's.

Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about declaration form

Thanks this is our first time to Cuba I think I will just tip in cuc's and forget gifts. I was reading that most of them sell the gifts people bring.

Cordoba, Argentina
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about declaration form

For me best is cuc, but if you can give gif to them, gif are welcome! I took to cuba cuc and candy free sugar for staff. They thanked me and other staff member many times tell me if I have more candy sugar free!

Edited: 17 March 2014, 03:21
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about declaration form

There's a new form that they just starting using. If you are bringing gifts they need to be listed but I doubt tooth paste and stuff like that is necessary. They even want you to highlight what electronics you are brining such as phones, tablets, etc. for your own personal use If you are bringing phones or other electronics for Cuban residents you need to declare it and what it's worth.

This is a very new form. They didn't seemed to concerned with the form when we arrived at the airport.

6. Re: Question about declaration form

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco