We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking at Airport?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Smoking at Airport?

Please could you let me know that on departure back home at the airport after going through security / immigration... is there a smoking lounge?

Got stuck one year at POP for a few hours and it was a killer when I could have stayed outside.... so I would like to make sure that CCC airport has either a smoking lounge or should we just hang out outside....

Thanks.

Edited: 01 June 2014, 11:30
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking at Airport?

I know how you feel. Although the Camagüey airport does have a smoking room in the departure lounge, I would still much rather wait outside until last call for boarding before going through Aduana and getting on the plane. I can relax and kick back with a few of my cubano friends and my novia before I need to scramble. That last smoke (and cerveza) outside before dashing across the tarmac is now regular routine for me.

Terry

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking at Airport?

They used to have one but no more. they extended what was the smoking room into more shops. I have a feeling though there may be one in VIP but dont quote me on it

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Their is only smoking in the VIP lounge it's $25 and you get food and drinks included! Comfy chairs and couches very clean bathroom and air conditioning! So worth it!

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Thank you all!

Jkelly your seriously a life saver :) thank you for being so kind

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking at Airport?

No prob! Just my experiences! I did a lot of research on here to find out but never asked any questions so I knew about smoking at airport and so we budgeted for that along with the $25 departure fee! Oh and buy it from the rep at hotel a few days before you leave

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Thanks, we will have some time to research now as plane is full lol.. we were planning to leave on Tuesday June 3rd, earlier this morning packages were still available but we just called to book and the last few seats filled up. :(

Oh well a few days to prepare and research is a good thing.

Thanks again Jkelly for your wonderful assistance!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Good deals go fast.. this year is the best evr.. wish I had waited..

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,547 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking at Airport?

The exceptionally good deals are due in part because of the upcoming World Cup in Brazilia. I see this happening every 4 years. Many brits put off their travel plans during the World Cup because they want to enjoy the matches on television with their mates...either at home or down at the pub. I'm sure this also applies to many other travelers who might frequent Cuba...or anywhere abroad for that matter. Once the World Cup is finished, it will be business as usual. ;-)

Terry

Brantford On
Level Contributor
222 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Was not going to but you all changed my mind! Heading down on the 30th July and so hate sitting in an airport without that last cold one and a puff. After the cup but 760 each all in, you can not beat the price for some R and R.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,930 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking at Airport?

Good price for sure.. what hotel??

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco