We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must pack things?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Must pack things?

I presume it is like anywhere else in the Caribbean but what are some things not to forgot to bring? besides the usual mosquito spray, sunscreen, medicine, bubba, etc

Thanks

TORONTO
Level Contributor
52 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must pack things?

get deep woods mosquito spray. We took regular 8 hour spray ( active off) and still left with about 20 bites

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must pack things?

Extra copies of your paperwork just in case.Travel mug, water shoes, mosquito repellent, after bite, stomach remedies. I also never forget my ipod, a book and my hat.

I also bring items like moisturizer, toothpaste, mouthwash in travel sizes. And if you can't live without Heinz or peanut butter you can bring that also.

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must pack things?

My contribution: Hand sanitizer, camera, e-Reader, anti-histimines and beach bag big enough to include all of the above.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Must pack things?

Thanks all.. some helpful tips :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
885 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Must pack things?

A lot of people say take duct tape. I always did but never needed it. Last time I forgot it and wouldn't you know, packing to come home I noticed about 6 inches of thread had broken away from my suitcase zipper so I could actually slip my hand in. I pictured my clothes all over the cargo hold on the way home. Duct tape would have really come in handy.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Must pack things?

duck tape, interesting... never thought about that in all my travels but your absolutely right would come in handy and the same thing happened to me with my zipper once... used a shoelace to keep the bag closed. Thanks for the tip!

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must pack things?

We always take duct tape and have never needed it until this year. My husband had a strap break on his sandal and used his camouflage duct tape to fix it. He also put some on the other sandal so they matched! LOL

I always overpack but always have everything we need for the week. Another good suggestion is a small thing of dish detergent to wash out the bubba cup at night.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must pack things?

A trimmed strip of duct tape is way better on a small cut on the foot than a bandaid that will Likely come off in the pool.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must pack things?

Flannels, if you use them, shower cap, plastic cable ties - weigh nothing but often come in useful - instant coffee to supplement the single bag of ground you get in your room daily, and a few clothes pegs to pin your towel to your sunbed on the beach if it's windy!

Cheers ♥️

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must pack things?

How do you use plastic cable ties on holiday?