We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Premium Package

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunwing Premium Package

Is there a separate check-in in Cuba for passengers who have purchased Sunwing Premium packages?

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

Not that I know of and I fly Sunwing a lot. Only separate check in is if you buy the vip lounge when leaving. Cost was 25 cuc but I haven't been back in a year so it could have gone up.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

I know if you purchased elite plus, there is a separate check in line in Varadero and Santa Clara airports.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

Thanks, it seems there is a separate check in, in Canada, for Premium and Premium Elite, but it doesn't say in Cuba. Hence my confusion.

Canjet Select offered a separate check in, in Cuba as well as in Canada.

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

There was a seperate check in for Sunwing Elite Plus when we left Varadero in 2013. I didn't notice this year in Cayo Coco because we booked the VIP lounge and there is a seperate line for that.

stouffville
Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

also when you leave Cayo Coco

SWO
Ontario
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

We never noticed anything at the Caya Coco end.

That being said when we checked in at the Toronto end we were the only ones there with 4 agents available and funny enough no one at the premium window.

At the Cayo Coco end it took all of 10 minutes total regardless. No differentiation other than some passengers wallets may have been lighter lol.

My daughter and I did get stuck at security though and had to go to a different area as the X-ray machine crapped out with our stuff inside it. Other than having a good laugh with the security folks and scaring the crap out of the immigration folks when they brought through the wrong way to borrow the scanners the Cayo Coco airport was a breeze.

Best part was Sunwing had us out of there over an hour early. Everyone had checked in so we boarded and got out of dodge in record time.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

Elite plus has separate check counter in Cayo Coco and Santa Maria and best of all they started doing priority luggage the last 2 trips this year with Elite plus. So your bags are the first ones on the luggage carousel both ways. Which was nice for clearing customs when landing back at home, no waiting!!!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

Thanks Jay. I've never Sunwing but Air Transat and Canjet both offer premium packages which are supposed to offer priority baggage. I've never had my bags off first while landing in Cuba but I have had them priority when landing in Toronto. Both Air Transat and Canjet also have separate check-ins in Cuba for Options Plus and Select services. Thank you for the Sunwing information.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

When I last flew out of Cayo Coco the Sunwing Elite Plus line was combined with the VIP line that you purchase for 25CUCs. Much shorter than the standard lines. Likely combined the two as it is a smaller airport.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
792 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing Premium Package

The premium package and elite plus are two different things with Sunwing. The elite plus allows you the larger seats, along with priority boarding.

The premium package allows for priority boarding in Canada, but not necessarily in Cuba. I know that I took the premium package and was allowed advanced boarding in Varadero, but not in Santa Clara. So, it depends on what they feel like in Cuba.

Just be assured that in Canada, you'll be one of the first one the plane, but not necessarily the first to depart.