We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

We are looking at coming back next August to renew our wedding vows, we are hoping to have a good crowd with us but to be honest it it likely to be a very small one.

We stayed at the MCC 5 years ago, loved it and it was the best holiday we have ever had and now we have a 2 year old, we cannot return so, I am after peoples opinion on the next best thing, we are willing to stay in Guillermo and really liked the Melia there when we visited it but open to all suggestions please

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

I would suggest the Melia Cayo Guillermo. Its a good all rounder with a beautiful beach and great staff.

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Thank you. That is top of our list along with the new melia being built.

Have you stayed at any others that you can compare?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Yes have stayed at the Daiquiri and been in and eaten at the SCG and still prefer the Melia.

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Thats all we done with the other resorts and agreed that it was better food at the MCG than MCC but it was 5 years ago so anything can change a lot in that time.

Really interested in the new Melia due to open, it looks like it is going to be amazing and knowing we can still visit all the others will just add to the excitement but I am pretty sure it will be between the new and MCG now.

Do you know how child friendly the MCG is, he is going to be 3 so probably going to be too young for the kids club but I didnt notice any other small children there when we went

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
6,216 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

The MCG is very child friendly, he will get totally spoilt with the staff I can guarantee that.

Wantage, United...
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

" he is going to be 3 so probably going to be too young for the kids club"

nah your wrong, he will love all the attention he gets there, the girls who run it are second to none, there`s always lots of kids in the club.. the mcg is very child friendly..

rgds ..

Edited: 09 July 2014, 18:12
manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

hi windle06

"it was better food at the MCG than MCC" i cant agree with that one but the MCG is the choice, as regards the new hotel i would wait until its up and running.

i hope lenny answers this post as lenny is the man and knows everything. and will know when the new hotel is open

barry and mary

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

I was going back 5 years and by better I meant the variety at the time.

I am really excited about the look of the new one now I have read about it but no for definite that I will be visiting all the other sites just because I can, if that is where we choose of course.

What age is the kids club from at MCG? most dont start until 4 that was my reference to him probably not being old enough.

Niagara
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Where is the new Melia being built? I tried to book with Melia Cayo Guillermo but they must have been booked as it would just say no availability.

bramptoN ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where will top Melia Cayo Coco now we have a child?

Friends of mine whom we met at melia cayo coco were at the melia las dunas .

They liked it, just some FYI

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco