We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Hi Guys....

Looking for a maybe a week away in November and the caribbean in mind....really like the look of Cuba and would really appreciate thoughts on Caya Coco...particularly the beaches which seem to be drawing me in...been looking at Sol Caya Coco as a hotel :-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

For a one week beach vacation, you should find that Cayo Coco would be the place to go. If you wish to combine your time sightseeing, such as Havana, it would be out of the way, since you would need to travel and one week would be considered a short stay.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

KA78:

It's a long way from the UK for a one week vacation. Can you manage two weeks?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

I agree with Bellagio. If at all possible, extend your time. A week goes very quickly, factoring travel times.

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

I have had my two weeks annual holiday so this was just a sneaky week...done Mexico before now for a week and given the choice of winter sun in caribbean or canaries..I am thinking caribbean is more me! :-)

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Presumably you would fly from Manchester. Thomas Cook fly from there weekly into Cayo Coco,

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Yes Manchester...I am from there and my parents live a stones throw from the airport....been looking at a Thomas Cook deal direct into Caya Coco.......think I might just have to book :-)

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

The Sol is a nice resort and a lot of people from the United Kingdom stay there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

I highly recommend Cayo Coco for a first trip to Cuba. I know I certainly lucked out in choosing this location for our first trip together and have gone back 8 times over the past few years.

Ewloe, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Thank you for advice...getting closer to booking :-)

Kent
Level Contributor
166 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caya Coco - Good choice for 1st time in Cuba?

Melia cayo coco was our first holiday to Cuba and the best holiday ever. We went to varadero a year later to do Havana and although again another beautiful hotel/province cayo coco still wins for me.

The beaches are amazing and in my opinion the beat beaches I have been to. Dominican republic and Jamaica didn't match

Edited: 15 July 2014, 18:17