We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

Hi All!

Wondering if is there anybody here at the forum who had bad experiences at Sol because of local guests ( mostly at the wwekends ) or coz of the food??? Is it really true that locals getting treat better etc??? Thanks..

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Coco
Sol Cayo Coco
4,551 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

I wouldn't let this deter you from booking. During the summer months, many Cuban hotels are a bit overwhelmed with many Cubans frequenting the hotels on the weekends. This is not unique to the Sol. This doesn't happen during other times of the year. Cubans are entitled to frequent hotels. It is their country and they are paying guests as well.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Coco
Sol Cayo Coco
4,551 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Alberta
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

During our stay at other hotels in that area, we did notice allot of locals hanging around the Sol beach who are not paying Guests and this is the main reason why we choose not to stay there. Yes they do get better treatment and as a general rule they tend to order food and drink for their extended Family and Friends who are NOT paying Guests and are waiting outside for free hand outs, so as a result the food and drink supplies are not only low, they do run out at the expense of other Paying Guests. I personally don't like the garbage thrown all over the place and the general buzz; yes it is their Country, but not enough of an excuse to have your holiday ruined.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Coco
Sol Cayo Coco
4,551 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

I stayed for the month of July at the Sol two summers ago and had no issues. If the problem arises, it would occur for the most part in the summer, so if anyone is booking during high season, I do not think this would represent a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Coco
Sol Cayo Coco
4,551 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
4. Re: Bad reviews about locals and food SCC???!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco