We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightclub and Bars ?

Dunbar, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Nightclub and Bars ?

Hi can we use any available bars and club at either Sol or Tryp in the evenings we will me staying at the MCC, if so would we be charged for drinks ?

Thanks look forward to your replys.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

Your access to the other hotels is limited to 6pm.

As far as I know, you cannot use the bars at the other hotels past those hours.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

I know I had asked this question a few years back when I was visiting there. At the time, I thought someone had mentioned that either the SOL or the MCC had a club/bar that was open in the evening and would allow you to visit, with a cover charge.

But I never saw it, nor have heard of that since. Perhaps someone that has stayed there recently can confirm this, and Cubajunkie will be able to firsthand soon!

But as is the tradition with most all resorts, you can't use their clubs/bars unless your staying at that resort i am guessing.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

Honestly- staying at MCC- going elsewhere at night didn't cross my mind! :)

Live music from mid-afternoon (by the pool) and then in the lobby from suppertime to the show and then again after the show ends.. then the music bar upstairs (the disco) if you're still going at that hour... (its really nice and even has an outdoor terrace)... I'd stay put anyway!

But like Monctonguy- never heard of anyone visiting other resorts after the 6pm cut off and I don't think you're allowed.

I'm such an MCC cheerleader!

Lahr, Germany
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

Last time we were there you could use the disco next door at the Sol. You just had to get a bracelet from reception. There was also the Cave Disco that all the hotels could go to. I believe it was a 10 CUC cover and I think that included a couple of drinks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

Yes. There are nightclub "excursions". You can do the cave bar (when I went it was 20CUC pp) but.... whether you want to or not.. well, depends what your scene is. If you want to dance to club music, etc it's a good spot BUT... the open bar is only warmish canned beer and rum. Nothing else. And the bathrooms.. Good Lord, you're better to go in the bushes.

RocketJDawg- did you check out the Sol disco? Was never presented to us as an option. Maybe we'd take a walk over in October (If I can tear myself away from MCC long enough) to see...

Lahr, Germany
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

We had planned to go, but with the lobby entertainment after supper and then the entertainment in the theatre afterwards, we never made it.

It's the building to the right as you walk up the Sol driveway. Before entering their lobby.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

A guy from The Sol did like to try and get into the other hotels of an evening( Tryp & Melia ), a couple of times he got away with it, a couple of times he was thrown out ! Official word is, you can't do it , but the Disco/nightclub might be different for guests at The Melia coming to The Sol.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

The whole sister-hotel situation is a little blurry for some on Cayo Coco.

When at the MCC, we met quite a few people lunching there, and drinking from the beach bar that were from the Sol. The just walked on in, said they'd been doing it for days.

Some don't know what the rules are, and others just don't care.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
799 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

I thought they were quite strict at MCC, but obviously some people have tried and got away with it !

Lahr, Germany
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nightclub and Bars ?

When we were there Jan 2013, we didn't have wrist bands/bracelets but I think all the other hotels did. There was security on the beach stopping people with wrist bands and after a brief conversation, some would be let through to head down the beach towards the lobster shack and others would be turned back. I'm not sure if they still do that.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 19:22
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco