We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial closing in September?

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Colonial closing in September?

I've heard rumours that the Colonial May be closing in September for the slow season. Anyone else hear that as well?

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,822 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Colonial closing in September?

I know that has happened at various resorts from time to time during slow season.

Last time I was in Cayo Coco, I beleive it was the Colonial that someone who was staying there said there were less than 10 ppl at the resort that week. Hard to keep open like that I would imagine.

Sorry I dont have an exact answer. I would check various travel sites as usually they list if sections of the resort are going to be closed during certain times.

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Coco
Cayo Coco
Jardines del Rey Archipelago, Cuba
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Colonial closing in September?

According to the sales Mgr at Colonial as of 10.30 this morning they are staying open & will NOT be closing in Sept again this year.

I wonder where the rumor came from ??

Lenny

Mentioned in this post
Lenny's Bar and Grill
Lenny's Bar and Grill
862 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Alberta
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Colonial closing in September?

This is a joke right, we are booked there for October.

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Colonial closing in September?

That's good news. I love the Blau and am going for the third time in sept. I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't say. Chalk it up to hearsay. Good news!

Edited: 18 August 2014, 16:02
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Colonial closing in September?

Sweet mystery: I'm going to take Lennys word for it. No need to stress. It happened before to my mom and they just put everyone up at the Krystal. Just a rumour. Love my Blau so I'm happy!

Mentioned in this post
Lenny's Bar and Grill
Lenny's Bar and Grill
862 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Colonial closing in September?

You are aware that the Colonial is no longer a Blau, right?! ;)

toronto
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Colonial closing in September?

I am sure he is aware LOL, since his OP say 'Colonial'.

As like last year, its just a rumor, Hotel say no, then they close.

Staff usually last to know, probably like last year only told the day before they close.

Love my Colonial (formerly Blau Colonial) too, will wait and see what happens.

Alberta
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Colonial closing in September?

It better not close, we will be so disappointed, it was a toss up being the Colonial and our old love the Sol Cayo Santa Maria. Last time we booked the Colonial (Aug. 31 - Sept 7) it did indeed close. We were forewarned by people on this forum so we contacted Westjet and got transferred to the TRYP. We have stayed at the La Laguna when it was just changing hands over to the Mojito, had a great stay and all, but would not want to go there again, because the resort is not beach front and there was enough locals doing the hustle on the beach to turn us off, (did not experience this at the TRYP on 2 stays there). We felt safe enough this time booking the Colonial for October 18 to 25th. The odd email to the hotel has bounced, so I hope this is not sign.

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Santa Maria
Sol Cayo Santa Maria
2,829 Reviews
Cuba
TRYP Cayo Coco
TRYP Cayo Coco
6,124 Reviews
Cayo Coco, Cuba
Alberta
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Colonial closing in September?

Finally heard back from ACV about this rumor and apparently it is just that.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Colonial closing in September?

I have been to cuba 5x, im going back to Veradero, have not booked my trip yet. I hate the games they play with prices, I know cuba is slow in september. I have less then 2 weeks before I go. I may hold off until the last week to book. whats your experience ?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco