We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moron

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Moron

We’re interested in seeing as much of the “proper” side of Cuba as we can during our stay & note that Moron pops up as part of many excursions.

Would someone be able to tell me whether it’s cheaper to do this alone & how much a return taxi is likely to be from Sol Cayo Coco? We’d have to agree for the taxi to wait around a few hours I know, but just need approximate price & whether people would suggest this.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moron

hey! we did that last year from the tryp hotel and it was 80$ and the taxi driver followed us all day. we were 4 in the taxi so 20$ each. we were 21 years old and we found nothing to do over there ahah :P

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moron

A private taxi is the best & cheapest way to see the sights & the cities of Moron & Ciego de Avila.

You can pick which of the tourist traps you would like to see and you won't be with a bus load of others so will NOT be hassled by the usual scam artists & beggars !

You can do all the sites & both cities for $100 CUC

Lenny

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Moron

I love Moron and always go there when I get the chance. People are wonderful and there is plenty to do if you do a little planning first.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,949 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Moron

I recommend visiting the Laguna de Leche just north of Moron - one of my favourite places. It's the largest natural lake in Cuba. There are several small restaurants.

I assume most of the taxi drivers on the Cayos are from Moron anyway.

Edited: 18 August 2014, 16:31
New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
1,113 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Moron

Hi Lenny,

$100 is a good deal to see both cities. Is there a taxi driver(s) you recommend? Thanks a bunch.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Moron

some great tips here - thanks to everyone who has given me some insight. i cannot believe the taxi is so cheap, especially covering both cities

i think moron would do us in terms of getting into a town without going to Ciego de Avila - we're also going to havana during our stay you see

Laguna de Leche looks a good idea & bound to be plenty of nature there to see - thinking of doing that & moron on the same day. What places of interest are in Moron if we went on our own for a few hours?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
16,949 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Moron

Also coinsider a visit to Laguna Redonda, which is just off the main highway from the cayos. They do boat rides through the mangrove swamp.

Moron itself - I can't think of anything specific to recommend.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
234 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Moron

Laguna Redonda is certainly on the list now - the boat ride looks great fun! i think we'll do moron as it's close, just wondered what the organised trips do with the people they take there

Milton, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Moron

We were there a couple of weeks ago and they gave us a drink when we arrived and then a speedboat ride into the mangroves. It was fantastic. I had a drive back to the dock/restaurant where we had a great lunch of roast pork. Drinks with lunch were extra.

The stop in Moron was great too with a horse drawn carriage ride, a couple of stops to buy gifts, a stop in a night club to see a band play a few songs (drinks not incl).

The whole day was great fun

10. Re: Moron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16