We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

octomber in cayo coco

Montreal, Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
octomber in cayo coco

going to memories Caribe the 23 of oct, have never been to cuba in oct How the weather?? Says rain for almost 16 days that month,does this happening at night or all day long.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Ignore the weather forecasts for Cuba as they are unreliable and often inaccurate. You may see rain but it's likely to be a quick thunderstorm which will clear away very quickly. It should still be quite hot in October

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Having been in October for 8 years now... I completely agree with bellagio... Do not look at the weather forecast. It will most definitely say rain/thunderstorms everyday... and yes it probably will rain at some point every day... but most likely will be for about 5-20 minutes if during the day, or it's evening or over night for a short time. So... do yourself a favor and don't look at it ;) take lots of sunblock and do take some bug spray... the mozzies can bother some people in the evening... I have never had a problem with them but I know some people do. This is not a resort issue... It's nature ;) Enjoy your vacation! you will love Cayo Coco!

montreal
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Thank you I do love cayo coco this will be the first time in oct but been there 8 time at other times of the year Thanks again

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,488 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Agree with the above. We've been going in Sept/Oct for the past six years and the worse we encountered was about a half/half week for rain/sun. Usually its hot and sunny for most of the day with a late day/suppertime shower or thunderstorm. We've actually had some better weather in the rainy season trips that during high season in the spring. Don't stress about it. I actually prefer Oct for the bath-like ocean and pool temps! Plus.. a late sunrise, which makes it easy to watch on the beach and not have to get up at 5am to do so!

Cavendish, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cayo Coco
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Plus the rain isn't cold like in Canada, just go swimming. : ))

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
370 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: octomber in cayo coco

We were there last November 5th. While on the beach it was looking a little cloudy. I asked one of the staff what was going on and he said a cold front was coming in. It rained, we got wet, it lasted about 1/5 an hour and then we laughed and said if that is a cold front, what would they do in Canada? We are going again October 18th and hoping it won't be snow showing weather, LOL. AND, by the way, there are no mosquitos when it rains :)

Edited: 20 August 2014, 17:16
Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
370 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Whoops snow shoeing.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: octomber in cayo coco

Lois P, see you on the 18th ;) Check out the 18th-25th forum ... there are a few going ;) Woohoo!!

9. Re: octomber in cayo coco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2015, 05:16