We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Kitchener
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Can anyone tell me the difference between the tour operators? $200. Difference in price Sunwing being cheaper. Trying to decide Standard room or Lagoon with either of the companies. Is there beer and water in either of the rooms for both. sunwing doesn't state what is in fridge Transat states pop, water and beer. Myself needs water, my husband likes the beers...thanks

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,310 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Which resort?

Kitchener
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Oh yes guess that helps...Melia Cayo Coco.

Winnipeg Beach...
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

From the Melia Resort site:

All our rooms have:

Air conditioning

Telephone in the bedroom

King size bed or twin beds

Satellite TV and CD player

Electronic safe

Minibar restocked daily with water, soft drinks and beer

Kettle with daily coffee service (on request)

Iron and ironing board in the closet

Umbrella

Bathroom with daily amenities and hairdryer

Voltage: 220 V/ 60 Hz

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

I stayed in a regular room and I was fine. The lagoon rooms looked nice but I wondered if there would be more Mosquitos in the lagoon area.

Stewiacke, Canada
Level Contributor
348 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

We were upgraded to a lagoon room back in April at no charge because we were bumped due to over booking the year before and it was nice. Besides being updated though they aren't any different than a regular room. We would take a free upgrade again but wouldn't bother to spend the extra to book it since we don't spend much time in our room anyway. Our fridge was stocked with beer, pop and water daily as I believe all of the rooms are. We didn't have any issues with mosquitos and I don't think we even used bug spray. The resort does spray for them.

Kitchener
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Thanks everyone...Big decision as to spending extra $ on Lagoon or not.....Such a hard life I have...LOL. So I guess there no different perks between Air Transat and Sunwing?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

I like the Sunwing elite for a $100. It gives you 30kg of luggage, wider seats, $50 voucher for your next vacation and seat selection and a special line for checking in. Air transat has option plus at $89. Same seat size, special line for checking in, free drink, seat selection, and a travel package.

The Pas, MB CA
Level Contributor
203 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

Not sure if this applies here but when we were in Varadero last winter we had water included in our fridge everyday, our friends weren't getting theirs. So they asked the maid and she said we received it because we were with Sunwing but since they were with WestJet, it wasn't part of their "package". I would check with whoever your carrier is as to what they offer .......

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

$200/person will buy a lot of beer, water, etc. Even if rooms booked through Sunwing don't include the minibar service, I would save the $200 and spend a fraction of that at the hotel gift shop on all the water and beer I want. Small inconvenience for pretty substantial savings, assuming all else is equal or irrelevant (flight times, plane configuration etc.).

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jibacoa
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Standard rooms with Sunwing vs Air Transat

It works out to $100 for 2 as you get 2 $50 vouchers with Sunwing. It's worth it to me for the larger seats and the express line so you don't have to wait in long lineups. Plus my seats are pre booked and I leave for the airport an hour later. I travel 5 to 6 times a year so I have no problem using the vouchers as long as I book 45 days in advance.

Since the resort is all inclusive I don't care what is in my mini bar other than water.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 01:45
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Coco