We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cayo Coco Nightlife

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cayo Coco Nightlife

I'm thinking of Cayo Coco at Christmas but have a 22 and 24 year old that want to dance and party a few nights (if not every night). Are there resorts here with active nightlife?

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
751 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

They have a disco that opens every night after the show until 2 am.

The beach party is Thursday nights, and it goes until 1 am.

Enjoy!!

nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

We were at the tryp in July my boys were 17 and 20 they enjoyed partying with the canadians till the early hours

There is a pool party every two weeks.A offsite bat cave disco and a beach party at another hotel.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Not that much to be honest...

The most lively hotel will most likely be the Tryp. All hotels have disco's on site, but it doesn't mean that there will be anyone in them. As mentioned above, there is the "batcave" that's open a few nights a week (the entertainer will be able to tell you when). You can get a bus to it and last I went it was 20CUC to cover your ride there and back and open bar (drinks are limited.. beer and rum).

Cayo Coco is generally a quiet area. If party is a major concern, I'd lean towards Varadero,

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Not sure how poster #1 can give that info when the OP didnt even state which resort they are staying at in the Cayo Coco area....lol.

That being said, Cayo Coco is very quiet and dead in the evening. While some resorts may have a disco in the evening, most will be pretty quiet or non-exsistant. Usually it will be what you make it with 10 people perhaps inside on a good nite.

Batcave is a great time for sure, but only open once a week the last time I was there.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,313 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Whoa Monctonguy- there were at LEAST 12 of us in the disco at the Tryp! lol ;)

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

haha....was that over a 7 day trip...lol.

Yes, the Tryp would be the most lively, but I have seen it at nite with 1 person on the dance floor....and it wasnt moi!...lol

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,764 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Now hold on a second here , did any of you READ the OP they are going at Christmas , HELLO !!! Which ever resort they go to will be packed and the discos will be lively for sure.

The Cave is twice a week every week and there is also the disco at Villa Azul.

LENNY

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

I never assume the disco's will be packed, and without knowing which resort, it may not even have a disco!

I have been at resorts when they have been full during busy season, and not seen it packed or lively.As a rule, discos on the resorts tend not to be busy and die down quite early.

Sounds like the OP is looking for a place for her couple 20ish yr olds to dance away the evenings, I wouldnt recomend Cayo Coco to start, and if so, be prepared for some quiet evenings.

I know if I was a 20 yr old there for a week, I would be pretty bored with the nightlife....

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Last year when we were at the MCC, the disco next door at the Sol was pretty busy. Could have been the time of year though.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cayo Coco Nightlife

Thanks for all the posts. Sounds alot like our experience at Varadero at Christmas 2 years ago. TA posters said the disco was dead at our resort but we went over the Christmas holidays so there were a few dozen "kids" (over 18) with their families that went everywhere together and along with us old folks packed the disco at night. I imagine it will be the same at Cayo Coco - there are going to be some younger ones there since the resorts wil be full at holiday time and they just have to congregate together somewhere.