We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

Boston
2 posts
Save Topic
Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

Does anyone have information about getting to Vieques from Culebra or vis-versa? According to one site there are ferries from Culebra to Vieques Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 8:00 am and 4:30 and on Tuesday and Thursday at 4:30. Can anyone confirm this info. Many who posted in 2006 said that the only way to get between the islands is by air or to return to Fajardo. Does anyone have current prices to fly from Culebra to Vieques?

Tennessee
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

No ferries between Culebra and Vieques. Isla Nena, Air Vieques and Air Flamenco fly between the islands. We took a flight going from Culebra to Fajardo and they dropped us on Vieques enroute. The cost was about $30 in July.

Culebra
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

As the above poster noted, there are no ferries, nor flights. Normally, the airlines will require a min. of 4 people to add a flight, if there ar 2 of you & you are willing to pay for the 4 seats (i.e. $50/pp one way_-price last I knew) then they may put on the flight for you.

Terrie

Palmetto Guesthouse, Culebra

Boston
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

Thanks for the info!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
942 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

Terrie, I asked Air Flamenco about booking an extra seat (there were 3 of us) and they said, "No ID, No Fly" So we took the Culebra to Fajardo flight and were dropped off on Vieques enroute.

Culebra
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

Good evening,

I'm not certain about the response that you received(the no ID, no fly??), however, we've had several guest groups of 2 accomplish the journey between Culebra & Vieques this way.

Terrie

Palmetto Guesthouse, Culebra

6. Re: Culebra to Vieques Ferries? Flights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:18
Get answers to your questions about Culebra