We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Denver
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

Can anyone give advice as to the cost of flying from ceiba to culebra. I have read so many different prices, it is incredible. I have never been so disappointed in trying to find out information about air transportation as I have for this particular airport and the destination. I also hear that flights are based on the amount of passengers, yet others say, make a reservation or you won't get on. Calling any airline at Ceiba Airport is a serious test of your patience and will.

Further, how far is the airport from Fajardo inn, where we will be staying. How far is the airport when arriving in culebra from Flamenco Beach. Is there transportation that takes you to Flamenco or do you have to rent a car.

I feel so frustrated that I cannot get any info online. I feel I have made a serious mistake in taking a vacation to PR . I am starting to think that there is no Ceiba airport based on the lack of information.

After reading about the ferry service, I think I will pass on this mode of transportation. I hear Flamenco is a beautiful beach and I don't want to miss seeing it.

If anyone can provide a website where all questions are answered that would be great. Otherwise, let us all put our heads together and figure out how we can solve this lack of communication from the PR tourist bureau.

I stayed in San Juan the last time I was in PR and did not have a single issue. The locals were great and information was readily available. I would hate to miss out on such a beautiful island and it's great culture.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

http://www.airflamenco.net/contact.htm

You can fill out the form to have them contact you but I'd recommend calling them. You can try the # on that page for Ceiba but you might also try this #.

787-724-1105

They are only open 8 to 5pm PR time which is 5am to 2pm Denver time. I've called at 5:15pm PR time and they answered and told me I'd have to call back when they are open. I called the next morning and got thru with no problem and made reservations from San Juan to Culebra. Good Luck.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

I just booked with AirFlamenco last week for a round trip for two of us. The fare was $65 each. We are flying out at 6:30am and back at 5:30pm. I know they also had a 10am flight out. I called around 9am and got them first try.

west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
306 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

Glucio,

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

We're in the process of TRYING to visit PR this summer. We're fairly seasoned independent travelers but this is something else! We want to go to Culebra and Rincon and El Yunque.

WE WILL GIT IT DONE!!

Check the website for the B&B on Culebra called Palmetto Guesthouse.They get fine reviews here on TA. I found it very helpful with logistics AND encouraging that some actually make it to Culebra.;o))

Culebra
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

Good morning,

There are flights from Ceiba to Culebra & they run about $30 one way. It is aprox. a 15 min. flight.

Flamenco, as mentioned in the other post has daily office hours. I would not recommend leaving a message, nor trying to contact them via email.

Flamenco's reservation number is: 787-724-1818 or 787-721-7332

Vieques Air Link's reservation number is: 888-901-9247

Best,

Terrie

Palmetto Guesthouse, Culebra

murfreesboro, tn
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

We went to Culebra in June 2009 for my oldest son's High School graduation trip. We had a blast and a great stay at the Palmetto Guesthouse. My youngest son who is currently a junior in high school wants to do the same when he graduates... Yeah 2011 and we'll do it again!

6. Re: Help-flying from ceiba to culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2010, 05:15