We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I take for the beaches?

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What should I take for the beaches?

We are heading to Culebra for 5 days, from 2/16-2/21. From what I can tell, there are not many services on the beaches. What should I take with us to make our time on the beach more comfortable?

Are there places to rent portable beach chairs on island? How about beach umbrellas? Or should I just take a big blanket in our suitcase? How about theft on the beach? Is it safe to leave non-valuables on the beach while we go snorkeling?

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Tennessee
Level Contributor
943 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

You can rent beach chairs and umbrella on Flamenco. Are you sure that your rental does not have chairs/umbrella? I know there are a few places on island that rent chairs and umbrellas, but will let someone else answer that question. We stay at Casa del Sol and have all sorts of beach things. Use caution with what you leave on the beach. When you say non valuables, I take it you mean you will not leave a nice camera, wallet, money, credit card, etc. If so, you should be fine. Have a great time. Leaving June 18 for our two weeks!!

Mentioned in this post
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,215 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

We are staying at Bahia Marina Condo/Hotel. They tell me they only have towels for us to use on the beach. Thanks for the reply! Can't wait for the trip.

San Juan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

large beach towel - so you can seat or rest without being covered with sand, if you can rent beach chair then better for you

water - you might want to bring a small cooler with ice if you care to have cold water or just bring the bottles.

sunblock - if you are not used to the caribbean sun use spf 20 or higher, forget about the oil no spf tan lotions

snacks that do not need refrigeration or too much care like apples, raisins, potato chips

Edited: 14 February 2011, 06:11
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

We've taken a flat sheet for the sand and you all can spread out. Plus it folds up light for your baggage. I've even taken those squishy pillows stuffed into my baggage for the beach to lay on.

Sewickley...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

FABULOUS! Got it all packed. Can't wait!

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

I thought I read that the Bahia supplies beach towels for you. I also read someplace that you can rent lounges at flamenco beach.

We also will be at bahia 2/16-20.

San Frantastic
Level Contributor
949 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

I know this is coming too late for the original poster, but if anyone else is reading this thread, I would recommend bringing a roll of toilet paper to the beach. True, Flamenco Beach does have bathrooms, but they do not have toilet paper (?!?!?!). Also, they are pretty disgusting. Have a strong drink handy to get over the experience. And/or run right into the ocean to rinse off.

(I am not complaining, I'm just informing. The beach is beautiful and totally worth it.)

Mentioned in this post
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,215 Reviews
Puerto Rico
8. Re: What should I take for the beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Culebra