We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

I'm going to Culebra for 2 nights / 2 days. I want to make the most of my short trip, any recommendations of what I should not miss and place to grab a bite? Thanks!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Culebra is known for its casual laid-back lifestyle, great white sand beaches, nature preserve areas, snorkeling, sunbathing, and boating. The island has the most beautiful undeveloped beaches in Puerto Rico. That is the attraction. Do not expect to find any luxury high-rise hotels or large hotel compounds or golf courses, etc. The island is the least developed municipality in PR. Check www.travelandsports.com and click on "Culebra" and scroll down for eateries on the island.

Berkshires
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Hi! We just got back and loved it. Susies is a GREAT place to eat, the people there will treat you as family. AVOID Jerrys Jeeps- he is a real head case, will waste your time, rent you junk, and when you let him know what you think will charge the max he can on your ccard. Loser.

Anyone or anything else we did while there was unbelievably awesome. Stay at : Casa Yoboa paradise! Jacinto and Susie are the best.

Get Rico @ Villa Boheme to take you out to the cayos, Hes a great guy too.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

I have been to Culebra numerous times and always rent my vehicles from Jerry, as do many of the visitors to Culebra. I have never had any kind of problem with any of his vehicles. Hey, they are beaters, but that is what you need with the roads on Culebra. Would never consider renting one of Carlos's nice new jeeps. Much too large to find parking in town and would be concerned about scratches in tight spots getting to some of the more out of the way beaches. I am a Jerry Fan!!!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Thanks all. I'm def making a trip to Playa Flamenco, but are there some other beaches that I should not miss while on the island? Thank you!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
933 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Zoni. It is farther out but well worth the trip and the road down to it is an adventure in itself!!

Berkshires
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

I have to agree that I had no problem with the car, I rent beaters all the time in the carrib, this car was no different. That being said, I would rent anywhere else but.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

We've rented from Jerry before and will again. We had a little suzuki samarai (sp?) ...it had no power steering, crank windows, poor shocks, didn't lock and was all rusted out in the inside of the roof. We loved it! We felt like we were in a MASH episode the entire week. Part of the charm for us. Jerry is also full of information about the island.

I second that you need to hit Zoni and of course you must go to Carlos Rosario to snorkel.

You should definitely eat at Mamacitas and Susies. We also loved Dingy Dock.

We won't be back until march 2013 with the 4 kids...counting the days!!

7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Where are you going to stay?

7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Where are you going to stay? Just one little pice of advise, locals tend to close their stores early in the afternoon (about 3:00 to 4:00 pm). So as soon as you get your car, go an buy your groceries first ( I'm assuming you're going to stay in a room with ref. and kitchen).

Jerry is a nice guy. Like others said, his cars are mostly a pice of junk, but all of them works perfectly fine. And if you ever has any problem with the car, he is oncall 24/7. Also, he knows the island so well, he will give you a map with all the goods and bads. Believe me or not he includes bumps on the road for you to watch out. The only downside of jerry's is that he does all the paper work manually, thus the deposit holded on your credit card will take like one week to be cleared (not sure if others do the same).

New York, NY
Level Contributor
17 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: On Culebra for 2 days - any recommendations?

Thanks all for your reply. I tried getting a rental with Jerry, but he is booked solid! Leaving in 2 weeks, and will be my first time there, so I'm very excited!

Get answers to your questions about Culebra