We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to snorkle?

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Where to snorkle?

Where's the best beach to snorkle in Culebra???

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to snorkle?

Luis Pena Marine Reserve

Tennessee
Level Contributor
930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to snorkle?

I you can not make it to Luis Pena, Carlos Rosario, Tamarindo, Soldado and Melones (especially to the right) have good snorkeling.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to snorkle?

ok thanks guys!

San Juan, PR
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to snorkle?

These are the places to go. However, I guess I went left on Melones, will go right next time!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
930 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to snorkle?

Magnificent snorkeling to the right in front of the two story house. Not too terribly off shore. We thought it was the best snorkeling we did on Culebra. Enjoy.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to snorkle?

Carlos Rosario-enter in front of the sign and go right-spectacular coral reef + fish

Tamarind-grassy bottom but best for turtles + rays

Flamenco way to the right facing the ocean-enter thru the stone remnants and go right-spectacular coral reef

If its sunny and the water is calm it is unbelievable

You can drive right up to Tamarind-Rosario is a 20 men walk with a good hill

San Juan, PR
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to snorkle?

I actually went to Tamarindo a couple months ago and it was stellar. I have never seen so many sea turtles. Also saw a ray, squid, lobsters, shrimp, grouper, fireworm. So far Tamarindo and Carlos Rosario are my favorites, with Flamenco a distant third (for snorkeling, that is - it is gorgeous as a beach!). Still need to visit Punta Soldado.

8. Re: Where to snorkle?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Culebra