We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance Tickets for Culebra Ferry

Reading...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Advance Tickets for Culebra Ferry

I'm trying to determine whether a day trip to Culebra is going to be a possibility for us in June. We are staying in Luquillo and were hoping to catch the ferry to Culebra for a day. I've heard the horror stories about the ferry, but I've also read some good things and I have a friend who lived in Luquillo for a few weeks who assured me that the ferry is "just fine." I really prefer not to fly, as we have so many other excur$ion$ we want to do!

I guess my question, for now, is this: because we are staying in the area, can we stop by the ferry terminal, in person, a day or 2 before our planned Culebra trip to purchase tickets in advance? And if we do, will that allow us to bypass the line and just get on the boat?

I've heard you cannot buy tickets in advance because nobody answers the phone. Thought that perhaps showing my face at the window would yield better results?

Thanks so much!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Advance Tickets for Culebra Ferry

In Fajardo, you buy the tickets on one side of the street, and the terminal is on the other side of the street. If you already have tickets, you just head into the ferry terminal, by-passing the ticket window line.

We have purchased tickets in-person days in advance in the past. But, apparently, they sometimes refuse to sell advance tickets. If nothing else, since you'll be less than 30 minutes away, it is worth a try to stop by and try to buy advance tix. You could do that on a day that you do something else in Fajardo, like Seven Seas Beach or Las Cabezas de San Juan nature reserve.

Edited: 27 March 2012, 20:43
2. Re: Advance Tickets for Culebra Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Culebra
Recent Conversations