We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
762 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

We will be flying from SIG to Culebra planning to arrive late afternoon. We will have 3 nights, but don't plan to leave until mid-afternoon on the day of our departure from Culebra.

We plan to go to Flamenco Beach and probably hike to Rosario on our first full day. At some point we'd like to get to Zoni, at least to walk along the beach...we're not lay out in the sun all day types.

Should we hire a water taxi to go to Culebrita and/or Luis Pena on our other full day? We should be able to do something the morning of our departure since we can store our luggage at our guesthouse.

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,230 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Zoni Beach
Zoni Beach
411 Reviews
Puerto Rico
usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

Culebrita andr Luis Pena cays are deserted. Unless you are going there to snorkel, it isn't worth the effort. There really isn't a whole lot to do in Culebra except enjoy the beaches and snorkel. You can also rent a kayak.

Edited: 21 January 2013, 04:34
Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,889 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

Culebrita is a cool island to explore. It has trails to the lighthouse and to the 3 or so beaches on the island, some snorkeling with turtles and the baths. Wild goats and birds pop up here and there. It is very much worth a visit. You can easily spend 4 hours without getting bored. Then add in lunch and relaxation time and you have a nice day trip.

I plan on exploring Luis Pena Cay in March. I hear there are also hiking trails on the island. Along with the little beaches and great snorkeling. We have been to the island on kayak trips before and that was fun too.

Melones beach for snorkeling and sunsets. Tamarindo beach for snorkeling with the turtles and sunsets. Shark Cages for snorkeling. There are a number of tours- via kayak, sailboat and jet ski. There are a few other hiking options also. We have a number of options listed to keep you busy on our blog post: www.puertoricodaytrips.com/culebra-top-20/

Mentioned in this post
Tamarindo Beach
Tamarindo Beach
448 Reviews
Puerto Rico
NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

i think you should consider that you want to take a boat to a seperate island for a few hours on the day you have to leave. I think you should go to the Island but I dont think you should go on the morning of your departure. Does your hotel have a shower you can use after checkout? go to Zoni the day of departure and shower after if you can. will you have a car rental

Mentioned in this post
Zoni Beach
Zoni Beach
411 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
762 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

Frank...we will have access to a shower and I'm still trying to figure out when we will get a jeep. I'm thinking we can skip the vehicle for the day we arrive and maybe the next day if we decide to go to Flamenco since we can take the publico.

How far in advance do we need to book a jeep for a May visit?

Mentioned in this post
Flamenco Beach
Flamenco Beach
3,230 Reviews
Puerto Rico
Culebra, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

Here is the best answer for you. You will be minutes away from the second oldest lighthouse in the Caribbean, second a beach second to none in 1000mi. A reef system that is easy to find with the right directions for an explosive experience. Try google earth and zoom in to the maximum for a preview. Then once you get to Culebra get good directions for it is a BIG body of water and 25 feet away is nothing

Mentioned in this post
Culebra
Culebra
Puerto Rico
6. Re: Culebra Itinerary for 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Culebra