We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VAL vs. Air Flamenco

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
762 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
VAL vs. Air Flamenco

I need to go ahead and make reservations for several flights in May. My preferred timings vary between these airlines on the various flights.

Are they equally reliable as far as punctuality? I've had trouble with the Air Flamenco website. If I google AF I get a new site with a very odd URL that my security software is blocking as malicious. I have a bookmark for AF from several months ago that now comes up with 'oldsite' in the URL. I called and supposedly the old site is still valid, but it has months old info...supposedly they are now flying to Culebra from SJU based on a phone conversation I had with the reservations office.

I need the following flights:

San Juan (SJU or SIG) to Culebra

Culebra to Ceiba

Ceiba to Vieques

Vieques to SIG

Any opinions? TIA

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

I've only flown VAL and had no problems at all. Will be flying with them again in 2 weeks.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
193 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

Flew from ceiba to culebra on AF we were the only ones in the airport! Very easy! Left on time as there was nothing going on!!!,

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

JayCola61984: How much was the airfare from Ceiba to Culebra?

Elkhart, Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

We flew to from Ceiba to Culebra last month on Air Flamenco, and the round trip tickets were about $88 each. Their website was not very useful (you cannot book online), but if you call them, they will take good care of you. I would simply choose whatever airline's schedule works best for you.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,836 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

I have used both from Ceiba to both Vieques and Culebra and I haven't noticed any difference. Easy, casual, on time or early! I just choose the one with the schedule that works best for me.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
137 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

We just got back and flew with both airlines. They were both very good. All of our flights were a little late but not much... Island Time! The flights were beautiful and a cool adventure,, worth every penny!!

New Orleans...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

Are reservations recommended or should I be fine arriving 30 minutes early and buying a ticket at the airport?

Edited: 27 March 2013, 17:12
waarce
Level Contributor
23 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

Reservations recommende always!

9. Re: VAL vs. Air Flamenco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Culebra