We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

Boston...
Level Contributor
100 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

Hi All- I had posted about snorkeling and you guys were great to tell me how to "slip through the gate" and walk the path to get to Carlos Rosario. I did some more reading on the walk, and I hear that gate has a "do not enter sign". One of you told me not to worry about trespassing because people use it all the time.

Is there any DANGER associated with this path? Is it blocked off because of safety concerns or left over military equipment, or hidden weird stranger, or anything I should be scared of? I am pretty adventurous so not worried, but I feel I should at least ask :)

columbia
Level Contributor
137 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

We used this path recently. It is a very well worn path so I would not worry about left over military items, unless you wondered off the path. We did this path twice and both times saw several other people on the path. We never saw any hidden weird strangers or other scary things. The weirdest thing we saw was a rather large hermit type crab walking on the path!! The snorkeling is worth the walk!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

It is very well worn, we were just there in March and did several hikes. Wear good shoes, there is some up and down hiking. I had water shoes the first day which did not cut it. Don't go off the path and you should be fine. Have your camera, there are a few great views.

Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
633 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

I was there last Tuesday and there was a policeman parked right by the gate. We opted to drive to the beaches rather than risk getting in some sort of trouble.

Erie,PA.
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

What did you mean "drive to the beaches?" What beaches

Ron

5. Re: Walking Path to Tamarindo Grande or Carlos Rosario

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Culebra