We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air fare to Culebra

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Air fare to Culebra

I am pricing airfare for 4 people from San Juan to Culebra. I refuse to take the ferry due to all the horror stories, plus trying to take a ferry on a Friday would be a nightmare. Flamenco Air is $115 each way(did I look at that right?). I just can't wrap my brain around paying that. Who else flies to Culebra? The price of paradise for a family of 4 is becoming too high!

Roswell, Georgia
Level Contributor
721 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Take a taxi to Isla Grande and fly to Culebra from there. It will be more like $75 ea.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air fare to Culebra

You can also take a one hour cab ride, about $80.00 from SJU and fly on either Flamenco or VAL from the airport in Ceiba for about half of what it cost from Isla Grande. It is worth it when it is times four passengers.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 11:04
Vieques
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air fare to Culebra

There are also many more flights from Ceiba.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Another alternative is to rent a car one way from Avis and have them drive you to the Ceiba airport.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 12:57
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air fare to Culebra

There is a car rental agency at the Ceiba airport. Not sure if it is an Avis. You could rent a car in SJU and drop it at the car rental agency in Ceiba. From Ceiba airfare to Culebra is much more reasonable.

Vieques
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Avis has an office about one mile from the terminal at Ceiba. they will pick you up and drop you off at the airport.Drop of charges for a one way rental need to weighed against parking costs. renting a car for a week and parking it sometimes makes sense instead of two one way rentals.

World car rental was in the terminal for the short time few years ago but they did not stay long..

Edited: 30 April 2013, 02:33
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Thanks for the info! Alas, Culebra proving to be too difficult/expensive for a family of 4 this year. We picked Captiva Island instead. I hope to make the trip to Culebra with my husband in the future. It is on the bucket list for sure.

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Have a great vacation. I hear Captiva and Sanibel Islands are beautiful. Hope to get there some day.

Edited: 02 May 2013, 15:12
Bayt Shore NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Deb is that $75 Round trip? how far is Isla grade from San juan international airport?

Bayt Shore NY
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Air fare to Culebra

Can you please give me the details to go to captiva island.

What airport are you flying from?

what airline?

do I need to make a reservation?

how much?

please.

thank you

Get answers to your questions about Culebra