We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry FROM Culebra

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
2 posts
Save Topic
Ferry FROM Culebra

We have a group of 5 heading to Culebra mid-week in June. As to not deal with the ferry fiasco in Fajardo, we will probably just fly to Culebra.

How crazy is the process to buy tickets from Culebra back to Fajardo? Same long, long lines? The return from Culebra to Fajardo would be on a Friday morning in mid June.

Vail, Colorado
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

I am also looking to fly to Culebra in the morning and take the ferry back for a day trip. What is the best way to buy a return ticket on the ferry? I will be there at the end of April, mid week.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,802 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

There is no problem with buying tickets in Culebra- just go to the ferry window. Usually never a line. They sold us tickets a few days ahead of time. I wanted to make sure if they sold out the ferry/lancha in Fajardo with R/T tickets I would still have a seat.

But a Friday morning should be no problem, it is the 5pm ferry that is the problem. So for Nicholas, that would be my only worry. But midweek, end of April it shouldn't be a problem, the season is slow then.

Of course, with the fast ferry contract ending at beginning of March, there will be no telling what will happen after that.

Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

Most of the problems are from Fajardo to Culebra and Vieques. Chances are you will get back with less hassle but no guarantee. You will need transportation from Fajardo to Ceiba which shouldn't be too much of a problem

Ellis Puerto Rico

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

June is a peak month for Culebra and with the ferry service being cut back (due to non-renewal of the contracted private ferries), it's going to be uncertain as more than half of the MTA's ferries are out of service because they need repairs.

Edited: 28 February 2014, 18:39
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

Me and a group of 4 are staying in Rio Grande in 2 weeks March 14-17. We want to go to Flamenco Beach one day to relax and snorkel. How early do we need to get to Fajardo to be assured of getting a ticket on the ferry? Also, can we rent snorkel equipment on Flamenco Beach and just snorkel at Flamenco beach or do we need to be on a tour?

Edited: 02 March 2014, 23:31
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

I used the guys that sell tickets online (they walk to the ferry offIDe and buy the tickets for you) both ways and was very happy to have peace of mind!!

7. Re: Ferry FROM Culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2015, 07:23
Get answers to your questions about Culebra