We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra on a Budget

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Culebra on a Budget

My friend and I are trying to plan a trip to Culebra on a shoestring budget. Most of the rentals online seem to be over $100 per night. Are there other options for cheaper accommodations? We don't need anything nice or fancy - just a safe place to put our stuff while we're off adventuring!

usa
Level Contributor
5,008 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Culebra on a Budget

Check this website:

islaculebra.com/puerto-rico/culebra-accommod…

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Culebra on a Budget

Go to www.vrbo.com There are a few on there that are under $100 per night.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Culebra on a Budget

You could always camp at the campground on Flamenco Beach.

Punta Santiago...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Culebra on a Budget

There are places under $100 check our Posada Hamaca that is where I usually try to stay...though there are many others as well as folks have said in rentals..also some listed on Airbnb

Edited: 06 March 2014, 03:31
Texarkana, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Culebra on a Budget

My husband and I are camping at Flamenco Beach. We found a lady that rents out tents and all of her camping gear for $60/night - this includes the campground fee. Here is a link where we booked out tent.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2114550…

Edited: 04 April 2014, 16:03
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Culebra on a Budget

There are some private rentals under $100 - possibly 'cash only' payment. Sort by price: tripadvisor.com/VacationRentals-g580453-Revi… Hotels, B&B's & Inns, Specialty Lodging links at the top of the same page.

Do pay attention to the location as some are quite a ways from town and would require a car to get to.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Culebra on a Budget

Personally, I'd steer clear of "cash only" private rentals. Especially if they're not collecting the required PR Room Tax. If they're not collecting Room Tax, then they are not registered with the PR Tourism Company (as required) ... and you never know what other corners they are cutting.

And if you pay cash, you have little or no recourse if the rental turns out to be not what you expected.

Edited: 05 April 2014, 11:57
8. Re: Culebra on a Budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:15