We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Culebra

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
110 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Culebra

May finally be fulfilling a long-awaited dream of going to Culebra in Sept. I am hoping the rates are a little lower then. I know this has already been asked/answered a million times. BUT, if it were YOU would you fly to San Jaun, grab a cab to Ceiba, and fly Flamenco Air to Culebra OR taxi to Fajardo and ferry over?

We opted to fly to Vieques vs Ferry and didn't really regret paying the extra $$ for convenience. Opinions would be valued.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
940 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Culebra

Oops, my bad. Yes, one of the taxis that line up outside of baggage claim at SJU. We take Johns Publico when we return on the ferry from Culebra to Fajardo. He takes us to SJU for our return flight. I am usually in tears to be leaving beautiful PR!!

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Culebra

A taxi from san juan to fajardo will go for $90.00

Its bst to fly from isla grande on Flamenco or vieques air link (val)

Or from the intl. airport on Cape Air

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Culebra

As mentioned above, take a cab for $20 to Isla Grande. I'd advise flying both ways.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Culebra

Culebra is my favorite island. I've been to almost thirty of them. You should fly direct from isla grande airport, a 20 minute cab fare [$20.00] from the big airport [luis munoz] in san juan. I stay at culebra beach villas, the 4 floor building right on flamenco beach. It is by FAR the best location on the island. I recommend staying in the main building so you get direct views of flamenco bay. I think the three bedroom units on top have the best views [4A better view, 4B has more updating], but there are stairs [3 flights]. It was not a problem for me. Otherwise book 2A. I would also contact Perry from the lost dog café, and have her cater you a dinner. It is the same price as a restaurant, but you don't have to drive, can stay in your bathing suits, drink rum [dark Bacardi reserve or Bacardi gold are best] and have a fabulous dinner. Try the grouper or mushroom ravioli! Suzy's restaurant had very good seafood too. My sister loved Zacos tacos and ate their every day. YOU WILL LOVE IT! IT IS A BEACH BUMS VACATION!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
25 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Culebra

Did you ever find out how to pre-buy ferry tickets to culebra?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Culebra

OOPS! I meant to say book '2B'.

17. Re: Culebra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Culebra