We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

Mount Desert, Maine
Level Contributor
26 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

Hello!

I'll be visiting Puerto Rico in November. Trying to decide between Culebra and Vieques.

Is there a bioluminescent bay on Culebra? Or only at Vieques or Fajardo?

Other reasons to choose one island over the other? I would probably stay 2 nights.

Thanks for any info.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

as far as I know, Culebra does not have a bio bay.

for two days, Culebra is much more convenient. things are closer and you really need to rent a car.

In Vieques, if you stay in Esperanza, you can walk to a couple of great beaches, but to really get a feel of what Vieques does best, you need to drive. or at least rely on taxis. which don't work evenings.

btw, the bio bay is awesome, but you could do it in Fajardo.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

Culebra _does_ have a biobay. We've been to it. Not easy to do. And there is lots of ambient light.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

Ray, do you mean the Folladoza bay area? I have rented houses on this location and at night have seen bioluminiscence. True there is a lot of ambient light, and to my knowledge there are no guided tours.

Back to original post :) beach wise I think you would enjoy more Culebra, but in Vieques you will be able to mingle more with the locals.

Etters, Pennsylvania
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

I've seen the bio lum in Culebra, but it was nothing like the bio bay in Vieques

5. Re: bioluminescent bay on Culebra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Culebra