We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advanced ferry ticket?

Which Culebra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Advanced ferry ticket?

I know they normally don't let you buy advanced tickets for the ferry to Culebra at the ticket counter. But, I've seen some people say they were able to buy tickets for the next day's ferry. Would you still have to get to the ferry before 6:00 am to wait in line just to get on the ferry even if you already had a ticket?

Bedford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advanced ferry ticket?

Scroll down a bit and review the many posts on this subject.

I believe the truth is no one knows for sure.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,912 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advanced ferry ticket?

We have been told by the folks in the he DTOP ATI (formally the ATM) ticket office that they make 50 tix for each ferry trip available for advance sale. We have also been told by the same person that those advance tix are often sold out months in advance. So, could you buy tix in advance for "tomorrow's ferry"? In theory, yes. In practice ... hit or miss.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
5,795 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advanced ferry ticket?

If you already have a ticket- they recommend you get there 1 hr before the ferry is schedule to leave. Sometimes they leave early. You would have to wait on the ticket holders line (usually across street from ferry terminal to the right).

4. Re: Advanced ferry ticket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Culebra