We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados to Canouan

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados to Canouan

Hello,

i just won a trip to Raffles Resort in Canouan Island for 3 nights. I am thinking of staying in Barbados for 5 nights prior to this trip. could anyone tell me if there is another option besides svgair (somewhat cheaper) to get to Canouan from Barbados. I noticed it costs $450 roundtrip if i do svgair.. which i find somewhat expensive considering it is only a 45 minute ride..If there is a boat ride option that you are aware of, it would be great if you could share it with me! thank you so much!

leslie

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados to Canouan

well, you could take LIAT to St. Vincent and then the ferry to Canouan...it's several hours though, and not the smoothest of waters.

St Vincent
Level Contributor
129 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados to Canouan

You could also take LIAT to St Vincent and then fly SVG Air to Canouan which is around $ 35 per person each way.

World
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados to Canouan

that sounds better

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados to Canouan

Liat BGI-SVG price varies on what time of day you travel. I would choose a lunchtime flight, then if its late (as Liat most opften is) you are still in plenty of time to catch the late afternoon SVG flight from Vincy to Canouan.

SVG air price return Vincy to Canouan is $220 EC - which is about $85US.

you have the choice of either the 8.10am flight SVG-CIW, or 5pm SVG-CIW.

on your return you have the choice of CIW-SVG 8.30am, or CIW-SVG at 5.30pm.

Flight takes approx 15 minutes direct but many times will stop at Union Island as well making it a 30 minute trip in total.

If you did the ferries from Vincy to Canouan:

Monday/Thursday/Saturday - Barracuda ferry, departs SVG @ approx 10.30am, arrives Canouan 1.30pm. Barracuda's the biggest and best for paasengers.

Tuesday/Friday - Canouan Bay ferry, departs approx 12.30pm from Vincy, arrives Canouan approx 4.30-5pm. Smallest boat.

Tuesday/Friday - Gemstar ferry, departs Vincy approx. 11.am, arrives Canouan approx 3.30pm. smaller than Barracuda, bigger than Canouan Bay.

5. Re: Barbados to Canouan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Canouan