We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Napa/Sonoma trip report

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Napa/Sonoma trip report

My husband and I just returned from a week in San Francisco, Napa and Sonoma. We stayed in SF 2 nights then drove to Napa. We were able to book a room last minute at the Old World Inn. It is a wonderful B&B, great hosts and great guests. We went to Frank Family Vineyards. We didn't purchase any of their wines but liked several. They were gracious hosts. Honig - we had an appt here. Did not purchase wines here. We like their Sauvignon Blanc. It's widely available - I wish I'd spent the time with some locally available wines. Bremer Family - sat at a table with Mr. Bremer. It was lovely. Arger-Martucci - sat at the table with Vince Martucci. That was a treat. We did the Del Dotto caves. It got mixed reviews here on TA and was quite expensive (40/person). I wish we would have spent the time at maybe 2 different wineries rather than just Del Dotto. We didn't purchase any of the 12+ wines we tasted. Cakebread - we had a reservation here. We purchased several wines only available at the winery. Miner Family - purchased wines here, glad we went. Jessup Cellars - this is a tasting room in Yountville. Good wines but can get quite crowded since they are free tastings, in town and don't request a reservation. Call ahead and you'd probably get more attention. So many wineries it's overwhelming! I wanted to visit: Pride Mountain (long drive/great views/pricey wines), Round Pond (tried their Cab at a restaurant - it was great), Robert Sinskey and Regusci. My husband was "wined" out and wantd to take advantage of the hotel pool since it was so HOT! Maybe next time!!! In Sonoma we stayed at the Fairmont - it was lovely.

Napa Valley
Level Contributor
289 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Napa/Sonoma trip report

That was quite a heat wave that we had, wasn't it? It's lovely today, in the 70's and breezy. Sounds like overall you had a good time. Did you visit any good restaurants?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Napa/Sonoma trip report

We did - we had a very special dinner at The French Laundry. I added that to the Yountville forum. It was amazing - well worth it! Great gift - to us, from us - for our 10 yr anniversary. Now since we'll broke we'll stick to Chili's!! :) Other than that we hung out at the pool in the evenings, ate at the Red Grape in Sonoma and ate big breakfasts. The Garden Cafe was really great in Glen Ellen.

3. Re: Napa/Sonoma trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:25