We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

Denver
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

We just wrapped up another trip to Napa Valley. This is the second year in a row that we were fortunate enough to have George Stone of Napa Valley Chauffeurs create a specialized two day tour that satisfied our wine tastes as well as met our desire to go to some of the best wineries that are off the beaten path. Following our great experience last year (see posting from "kinsel3" dated April 22, 2007), George told us to "let him take care of everything" and that is just what we did. George handled everything from recommending the Villagio Inn & Spa to getting us reservations for dinner (Redd, Bouchon and Bistro Don Giovani) to lining up a first class, 2 day tour that included 10 wineries, lunch at the Rutherford Grill on the first day and a fantastic picnic lunch on the second day. And to top it all off, George drove us everywhere. George does not "pawn" you off to some inexperienced driver; he relishes taking each and every customer on tours himself. It is the personal touch that Geoge has cultivated in his 25 years in Napa Valey. George is professional in every detail. He knows when to step in to assist and when to stand back and allow his guests to enjoy the moment. Owners / wine makers / managers of every winery we visited welcomed us with open arms, big smiles and positive comments that we were in "good hands" with George. Clearly, that was true. I don't take time to write reviews (this is my first - the one I mentioned above was written by friends following last year's trip). I decided to write this and give George the credit he has earned and to help you. Our trip this year was outstanding because we trusted George to handle everything and he didn't let us down. If you are interested in contacting George, his e-mail address is: Georgenvc@aol.com.

Thanks - USTravellerDenver

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
958 Reviews
Yountville, CA
Redd
Redd
1,541 Reviews
Yountville, CA
Rutherford Grill
Rutherford Grill
1,616 Reviews
Rutherford, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Topanga, California
Level Contributor
1,769 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

Fabulous ad copy from a first time poster.

New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

Hello

We are currently planning our trip to Napa Valley for October and I am currious: how much was it to hire George for 2 days? It was private isn't it?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Denver
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

270Annie - I believe George was $75 per hour and we had him for 8 hours for 2 days. $1,200 total. The picnic was extra - I don't remember how much. Plus, I recommend that you Fed Ex the wine back to your home if you buy large qantities - George handles all of that. This is / was inexpensive when compared to a DUI or accident, of which we witnessed both during our 4 days in Napa.

USTravellerDenver

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Denver
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

270Annie - Sorry, I missed your second question. Yes, 100% private - George took my wife & I around in a Mercedes 500. Last year, we went with friends and George took us around in a Caddy Escalade.

USTravellerDenver

Long Island NY
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

Just returned from Napa - used George at a friend's recommendation - I couldn't agree more - he was outstanding - I was so impressed by the advanced planning that he put into our day - we communicated via phone and email so he could book tours and meals at places we were interested in. We even emailed him from San Francisco and he booked a restaurant for our first night in Napa prior to our day with him! Upon hearing where we were planning to eat after our day of touring, he got on the phone, spoke with the owner who was a personal friend of his, and told him our names and asked him to take care of us -we were welcomed at the restaurant, told George called - they sat us in a romantic corner table, out of the way and catered to our every need. As for George - you're right - we saw great, out of the way wineries, many which he is a member of, which got us private tastings (some even free!), better service etc.... George knew when to leave us by ourselves and when to assist.... we felt like rock stars! our car (comfy mercedes) was cool whenever we emerged from a tour. George really made the day, from his connections, to the fact that he is informative and knowledgeable about the entire area - he shared many stories that were fascinating about each place we were going. He even stopped at a roadside stand to get us "some of the best strawberries around" to end our day! What a great guy - he loves his job and it shows! We chatted with other couples at our B&B afterwards and they had participated in a bus tour which only took them to the most "commercial" places....at each winery there were "stragglers" that they had to wait for, their lunch was awful (ours was awesome at Mustards grille) and they only got to see a few wineries with all the wasted time. When we compared, we only paid a bit more than they did and if there were more in our party (it was only the two of us) it would've probably come out to the same price. I will absolutely use him again!

Mentioned in this post
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Mustards Grill
Mustards Grill
2,479 Reviews
Napa, CA
new york, ny
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

George Stone at Napa Valley Chauffeurs came so highly recommended by a friend that we found it hard to believe that he could live up to our expectations. Having never been to Napa Valley prior to our April 2009 trip, we left the planning entirely up to George. We were not disappointed from the time we were picked up at our hotel in San Francisco to being dropped off at airport three days later. George selected all of the wineries for our visit; each was unique and welcomed us with open arms. Having George there to show us around was like visiting with an old friend. Both my parents, as well as ourselves, enjoyed our time with George immensely and have recommended him many times. He arranged our dinner reservations, he took care of shipping our wine back home, and even helped organize a very special request. On our next visit to Napa we will be sure to call George and arrange for another great trip.

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Everywhere
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

My wife and I also used George Stone and couldn't have been more pleased. His prices were less than a previous poster, but maybe it's the economy these days.

George went far beyond a chauffuer - it was a like having an old friend drive you around to meet his winemaking buddies who wanted you to enjoy their wines. We had a marvelous time, and George even arranged for us to have dinner at a very nice restaurant even though we needed to make same-day reservations.

I would strongly recommend you consider George for your initimate Napa Valley tour. We saw other big limos parked at the monster wineries. We felt we were getting a backstage tour. Very nice, very calm, and first class all the way.

Let George Stone arrange your tour, sit back and relax. You'll be pleased.

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
Everywhere
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

George Stone provided my wife an I a first class Napa Valley tour. It was like having an old friend drving you around to meet his winemaking buddies. In turn, his winemaking buddies gave you VIP treatment.

My wife and I didn't want the standard group tour that hustles you around the big-name wineries where you swill wine people buy by the gallon. On some occasions, we were the only ones tasting, and we met the actual winemakers and owners. Were were always treated like VIPs with George.

George has the hook-ups to make you visit memorable. He was even able to use his leverage to get us into a very nice restaurant with a same-day reservation. When we sat down to dinner, the chef sent out THREE speciality appetizers on the house. Amazing. We had already settled and left George, and were still be treated like rock stars.

Next time you want an intimate tour of the valley, book George. You'll be happy you did.

Mentioned in this post
Napa Valley
Napa Valley
California
9. Re: Chauffeur for Napa Valley - Wine Country & Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2010, 06:17