We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch & Tour suggestions w/ college-daughters

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Lunch & Tour suggestions w/ college-daughters

Our college-age daughters have never been to California, so we thought we'd take them with us while my husband is on a business trip in San Francisco. We arrive in San Fran at 10:30 AM on Saturday 5/22, and we thought we drive to Napa for the day for lunch and a tour, then drive back to San Fran to check into our hotel.

My husband like Sterling, but I am open to other suggestions. My kids are 18 & 21. I want something that is informative with lots of atmosphere, and a great place for lunch.

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch & Tour suggestions w/ college-daughters

Don't know if you have made this trip before, but the jet lag is a killer and if you are arriving at 10:30 am then you had an early start to the day. Many people do hit the road to the wine region on arrival, but if you are ging to be in the area for a few days, I would strongly suggest that you consider making your wine region visit another day. SF is a very exciting place and there will be plenty to do to kick off your visit right in town- much better for when you start fo feel the lag than being still an hour away from the hotel.

2. Re: Lunch & Tour suggestions w/ college-daughters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley