We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

I'll be in Napa/Sonoma 12-24 to 12-27 of this year, 2010. Does anyone know of any wineries and restaurants open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?

Also, I'd be interested in anything involving the oil harvest on either of those days as well.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

Oil Harvest? That's a new one for us.

We do a list each year of the wineries and restaurants open Dec 24, 25 and Jan 1.

It doesn't usually post until mid/late Dec, since some of the wineries and restaurants change their minds at the last minute.

You can search these forums for the old lists. Here is the one from Thanksgiving last year (we couldn't find the Christmas list):

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32766-i258-k32367…

Most places are open on the 24th, and most are closed the 25th.

The 25th is a wonderful day in the Valley. Quiet, peaceful-- a perfect day for a drive. Some of our guests also drive out to the ocean for a walk on the beach (it's about 1 hr 20 min from Napa).

Hope this helps. :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Edited: 20 October 2010, 18:49
Dallas, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

I guess I should have said olive oil. I was reading somewhere that the olives are harvested in Dec. thru Feb. in CA. and they have oil harvesting events, but it was not very specific. Know anything about those?

And thanks for the info.!

united states
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

Tanya, I'm not any olive oil person, but I do know that Ferrari-Carano's Vintner's Inn Olive oil won first prize at the Sonoma Harvest Fair this year, so they may be a resource for you. They are located way north in the county, however, so I don't know if that would be too far out of your intended travel route. However, in Sonoma Valley- B.R.Cohn, Viansa and Jacuzzi wineries are all olive oil producers as well as wine makers.

I saw something about the olive harvest on the sonoma uncorked website, but didn't really pay attention- perhaps that may offer some insight.

4. Re: Christmas 2010 in Napa Sonoma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley