We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help

atl
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary Help

Thanks for all your previous help so far on my upcoming trip to Napa Valley. It has been very helpful. I am still confused about one of our days of wine tasting in Napa. We will be having a driver bring us around and I can't make up my mind about what I want, I would love anyone's opinion. This will be our 2nd day of wine tasting, the other day we will be in sonoma.

Right now we have planned for Tuesday June 14:

1030am tour/tasting Frog's Leap

330 pm Del Dotto Napa

the question is from Tripadvisor and other friends' recommendations, we were also interested in stopping at Schramsberg. I just called and they still have 1230pm and 130pm available. If we would book one, which time should we do? and do you think we have enough time to easily get around to the three vineyards? Would we have time to get to another before we hit Del Dotto, or would that be too crowded of a day? I just can't figure out timing.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help

Book the 12:30 tour . That gives you enough time to get to Del Dotto, Napa.

3 wineries is perfect for a day.

Have fun!

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help

Agreed. Book the 12: 30 tour, and have a leisurely lunch-- either a picnic at a winery (hint: you don't have to drink wine! ;), or go to Gotts (aka Taylors) in St Helena, after Schramsberg.

If you're really full of spit and vinegar and are rarin' to go after Schramsberg, head over to Castillo di Amorosa (it's next to Schramsberg) for a few photos. Bring along any prince/princess attire you may have at your disposal (we kid--but it's a lot of fun-- truly a real castle)

Make sure you have food in your tummies for Del Dotto-- and don't be afraid to SPIT! If you don't, you will be sorry. They pour way too much wine to drink it all.

Cheers, :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help

also, since you're staying in Yountville, the Del Dotto in St. Helena would give you more time in between tastings to have that lunch....

Edited: 23 May 2011, 06:44
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help

I love the choices but I would observe you have 3 tours selected. Granted they are all different, but after one tour it gets a little stale. If you have tours in Sonoma you might want to consider just tastings. Again just an observation.

5. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2011, 23:59
California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Help

How does one call a URL?

7. Re: Itinerary Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley