We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petaluma Hotel

spring, tx
Level Contributor
184 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Petaluma Hotel

There is a 4* hotel in Hotwire in Petaluma at $72. Does anyone have any idea what hotel this might be. Also, how far is this from Napa or Sonoma as a staging area. Will traffic be heavy? Thanks.

Napa, CA
Destination Expert
for Napa
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petaluma Hotel

Don't know what the hotel could be. AAA lists no 4 diamond hotels in Petaluma. Most of the hotels are along the freeway and have little or no ambiance.

It's 40 minutes to Napa and 25 to Sonoma. There was road construction last year on Hwy 116 but I believe it is now finished and the route is a lot better. Traffic is not usually too bad except for early evenings leaving Napa or Sonoma on the weekends.

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petaluma Hotel

That's quite a low rate, but I would think the hotel has to be the Sheraton Sonoma County which is off Hwy. 101 on the east side of Petaluma. It's a nice hotel but not convenient for driving back and forth between either the Sonoma Valley or Napa Valley. 35-45+ min. each way and traffic can be on the heavy side depending upon when you travel. With gas prices as high as they are and given the fact that staying in Petaluma is not a "wine country" experience, I would keep looking for lodging that's closer to your ultimate destination.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
32,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petaluma Hotel

I would not stay in a 'highway hotel' in Petaluma for a wine country visit.

If you are looking for a 'bargain' hotel you may also be tempted to stay in American Canyon for the Napa Valley. Don't. it is not in the Napa Valley.

I am afraid that you need to look at wine country 'bargains' carefully, or end up in an inconvenient and commercial location rather than a wine country one.

Berkeley, Ca.
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petaluma Hotel

The Sheraton in Petaluma doesn't feel like a highway hotel. It backs up to the river and a riverfront park--it's a nice property. I can't see what else could be a 4 star in Petaluma. You can't walk to much from there except the park, but the downtown is a short drive away.

Napa
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petaluma Hotel

It is a bit of a drive. Mostly two laned highways to Sonoma and Napa. The good news is it's close to the coast, about a 30 min drive to Bodega Bay :)

6. Re: Petaluma Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 06:42
Get answers to your questions about Napa Valley